Summer Jobs

-Job: Commercial fishing tenderman
-Pay: $200 per day
-Hours: Up to 24 hours a day
-What you do: Sort, weigh, and pack salmon
-Requirements: I don't know. Boat experience?
-Best Part: High pay, sometimes not much work.
-Worst Part: Sometimes it gets 2 fast and 2 furious.

-Job: Brown Cow Ice Cream Parlour
-Pay:$6.50 USD per hour (im only 14)
-Hours:21-28 hours per week
-What you do: Make waffle cones, clean up, make sundaes.
-Requirements: Able to make waffle cones, clean up and make sundaes.
-Best Part: I get money and spit in people's ice cream
-Worst Part: BORING!!!

When one of my applications finally gets a response I'll let y'all know.

I had a paper route when I was 13. I made about 10$ a week for about an hour a day/5 days a week. Not bad money at that age. This was the early 90's.

-Job: Timber Medial Surveyor Assistant
-Pay: £7.15 per hour
-Hours: 25-50 hours a week
-What you do: Assist. It's just labour work, but the general idea is that we check for woodrot in houses and get rid of it.
-Requirements: None that I know of.
-Best Part: Getting paid for destroying property :evil:
-Worst Part: Can get very tiring, and I'm not used to getting up at 7am then throwing myself into labour work.

Truronian said:
Pay: £5.05 an hour (minimum wage I think)

It is, but I think you can look forward to that being increased to £5.15 in the next few months, IIRC.

salty mud said:
I want to get a job, but I'm onl 13. Any good suggestions?
check your state laws. i know i had to get a work permit to work. here is what was required

1. note from school principal stating they attended school that year.
2. birth certificate and social security card
3. note from employer listing that they want to hire you and must have #hours per week and decription of what you will be doing.

take all that in to your school district building
and they will give you a permit

-Job: Caddy/ looking for other part time work
-Pay: $14 US per round plus tips
-Hours: sometimes 6 A.M. to 1 P.M., others none at all, for lack of "loops"
-What you do: carry around a golfer's golf bags
-Requirements: decent stamina, polite
-Best Part: good money, for a 15 year old
-Worst Part: many boring, no work days

I'm only fifteen, so there aren't that many job opportunities available to me, although I will be getting a work permit soon, I think.
I hope this isn't spamming: Job ideas? PM me.

Truronian said:
Same as my weekend job, only I plan to work extra.

-Job: WHSmiths
-Pay: £5.05 an hour (minimum wage I think)
-Hours: Variable (5 hours a week + anywhere between 0 and 30 extra)
-What you do: Till boy, magazine returns, filling papers, helping customers etc.
-Requirements: Nothing
-Best Part: Easy money
-Worst Part: Smelly customers

No minimum wage is what im on £4.30

job-coffee shop
pay-£4.30
hours-9 a week more during the holidays
what you do-well its a coffee shop........
requirements-being able to stand and move
best part-when the day ends-im too lazy to find another job
worst part-the 9 hours of dealing with people who either have bladder problems or just enjoy mindless conversation.

-Job: Kindergarten assistant
-Pay: ? (probably about 15-16$/hour)
-Hours: 9-5
-What you do: Play with kids, take care of kids, make sure some kids don't beat other kids.
-Requirements: Not being convicted of any sexual crime
-Best Part: Playing with the kids
-Worst Part: Making sure the kids obey (its hard, some kids are just hard)

Cool thread. I have two summer jobs...

Job-Work in Shipping department of photo award shop
Pay-7 an hour, time and a half for overtime above 40 hours a week
Hours-usually 8-5 (includes 1 hour of overtime)
What I do: I pack and ship products, drive a little forklift around the warehouse, build products (stuff like trophies, plaques, etc), do busywork..
Requirements: My boss only hires people who are 18+. Physical strength and stamia are required, and basic computer skills.
Best part: Its nice being so close to the running of a bussiness, so I'm learning lots about that. My boss and manager also often ask me questions, and listen to my suggestions, so I feel like I'm actually involved. Also, I can listen to my ipod a lot.
Worst part: The work is ball bustingly boring...plus you're on your feet all day, so I'm sore when I get home. My boss makes me listen to Rush Limbaugh every day for 3 hours as well. Pay is awful, but there arent many jobs in Ohio (even for skilled labor like me), and our min wage is one of the lowest in the county, so I take what I can get. I made 10 an hour living in DC.

Job- Musician!
pay-totally varries. When I work as a percussion instructor, I make around 10-11 an hour. Its hard to gauge how much I make per hour performing, but my share ranges from 20 (a bad night), to 100 (a very good one)
Hours-varies. I usually actually *play* an engagement or two per week, and I have to set aside at least 3 hours per show. I practice around 5 a week with my band...and practice by myself for at least 30 min a day. I teach, when I teach, from 8-12:30
What I do: Lots of things. in the late summer, my high school alma mater hires me to teach underclassmen and middle schoolers the fine arts of drumming and marching. I also sometimes compose percussion pieces for the school district.
Over the course of the whole summer, I tour with my blues band, Aces High. I'm a drummer, harmonica player, and am now learning to sing!
Requirements: Besides being able to play drums well, I have to be patient, a good teacher, and above all, be flexible. Things go wrong all the time at gigs, and you have to know how to keep your cool, and improvise to fix the situation
best part: Are you kidding me? Im being paid to play drums!
worst part: Not enough hours...and at this stage, i often have to take gigs for free

-Job: Sander Maine Cottage furniture
-Pay: $8.24
-Hours: 15 to 20, full time later
-What you do: Sand the $3000 furniture smooth
-Requirements: few
-Best Part: good pay. no need to look nice since I'm going to get dirty anyways
-Worst Part: 1 Crazy boss and 1 just mean boss.

-Job: Tuition Teacher
-Pay: 20-25SGD(approx. 15USD) per hour
-Hours: 5 hours a week
-What you do: Teach kids how to pass their exams
-Requirements: A Level cert.(For me anyway)
-Best Part: It's 5 hours a week!
-Worst Part: Those 5 hours are split into 3 sessions :D. And I travel 2 hours to and from each one.

It's so much better than the waitering I did anyway, which gave me 4 USD per hour. And I get to continue when term starts. Woot!

BTW: If anyones company ships 20 or more freight items/month, PM me ;)

And Salty Mud, I had to get a work permit at 14 herew in Florida...I don't believe you can get one at 13, unless you're being paid under the table. Then again, your state might be different. But I say, take this summer off. You have all your life to work, why start 2 years before everyone else?

GoldEagle said:
And Salty Mud, I had to get a work permit at 14 herew in Florida...I don't believe you can get one at 13, unless you're being paid under the table. Then again, your state might be different. But I say, take this summer off. You have all your life to work, why start 2 years before everyone else?
Do you need a work permit at fifteen? And do you know of any jobs that would be available to someone at fifteen with a work permit, not being grocery bagger:crazyeye: ?

Homie said:
-Job: Kindergarten assistant
-Pay: ? (probably about 15-16$/hour)
-Hours: 9-5
-What you do: Play with kids, take care of kids, make sure some kids don't beat other kids.
-Requirements: Not being convicted of any sexual crime
-Best Part: Playing with the kids
-Worst Part: Making sure the kids obey (its hard, some kids are just hard)
Well, according to the logic of some OT posters, you could be hitting them... :mischief:

-Job: Home Appliances Salesman
-Pay: 5.00$/Hour + 1.5% commission on sales + Spiffs*
-Hours: 40 hours a week / 12 hour days twice a week
-What you do: Talk people into buying overpriced home appliances
-Requirements: Big mouth, ability to bend the truth, social. Being Funny helps
-Best Part: Talk people into buying overpriced home appliances
-Worst Part: Talking to stupid people and sometime smelly people

* Spiffs are small amounts of money given by a manufacturer directly to a salesman. Usually in a given period. -1 months 5 times a year. They can constitute roughly the equivalent of 1/3 my annual salary.

E.g.: Bosch gives me 75$ when I sell a pair of their front-load washer-dryer kit.

Top Bottom