1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Palaces and National Galleries?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Mr. Sulu, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Mr. Sulu

Mr. Sulu Liberal Democrat

When I was watching a video walkthrough for Rhye's and fall of Civilization I noticed America has a building called a "National Gallery" and France has a building called a "Summer palace", anyone know what this is, what it does, or if there are similar buildings for other civilizations?:confused:

2. Mr. Sulu

(P.S. who like my new custom avatar)

3. Science Rules

Science Rules Chieftain

Those buildings are National Wonders and are not unique to either America or France.

4. killerkebab

killerkebab Chieftain

Summer Palaces reduce maintenance in nearby cities, much like the Palace and Versailles (world wonder) do.

National Galleries increase cultural output of the city they are in by 100%

5. Mr. Sulu

So these are national wonders with different names? O, and I also saw a building called, I think a Wimbeldon court. (Forgive me if I made a spelling error).

6. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

Rhye has changed names of national wonders. It's ridiculous to have 15 Hermitages in one game so names are more generic. Wimbledon court is WW instead of Rock'n'Roll (not only USA has wonders :p). Download the mod and check changes by yourself.

7. killerkebab

killerkebab Chieftain

Unless I'm playing an old version, I believe you saw Wembley Stadium, which is a world wonder replacing Broadway.

Rock'n'Roll was replaced by Graceland, with exactly the same effects.

8. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

Yeah, I never could tell any difference between the 3 wonders from vanilla. Now there is the Wembley and two other :)