Summertime good idea, bad idea?

Summertime (Daylight Saving Time)

• Good Idea - the EU should keep it

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Bad Idea - the EU should abolish it

Votes: 29 80.6%

• Total voters
China has just one time zone: Beijing time. So no matter where you are, whether it is in the far west or 2500 miles to the east in Shanghai, the time is always the same.

That is not much of an issue in China as the west of the country is practically empty.

Btw, i think Spain is going to change to winter time (+1) the next month and keep it forever. People wont like it at first since the typical spaniard likes to be out at the street or the beach rather than at home, particularly in summer. But keeping summer time (+2) all the year round is a bit crazy.

All attempts to mark time are artificial, so it doesn't matter which you pick.
It does, I want to have longer hours with dim or no light. Winter hour is coming !

I want double summertime all year long. Midnight at twelve o'clock it too early. Midnight at two o'clock sounds better. That fits my sleeping pattern much better.

Keep summertime all year round. I prefer the daylight on my time and not when I'm getting up to work or when I'm there. I dislike it being dark when I get home from work and want that to occur on as few days as possible.

I dislike it being dark when I get home from work and want that to occur on as few days as possible.
Captain Obvious would be compelled to suggest leaving Chicago.

Yeah yeah yeah. OF course when I finally leave Chicago I won't have to worry about leaving work in the dark because I'll be done with working. ;)

Even if you are standing on the prime meridian (or equivalent longitude for the time zone) this is only true on some days of the year.
It would be better to say that noon corresponds with 12:00 local time only on some days.

Now that spring is almost here, the debate has cropped up again. I would be fine with dropping the time change, but my wife and I disagree which way to leave the clock. FWIW, I live just over 97° west longitude, ie about halfway between 90° and 105°.

J

I like the sun to go down later so I would prefer that year round.

Tell that to my boss at work. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But actually I could probably get away with it except the train wouldn't line up quite like it does now.

But then there's the wife. ;)

I like being the first person in. Then no one really knows when you started. ;)

I like being the first person in. Then no one really knows when you started. ;)

First in, last out, embezzle funds, retire early.

Consider it an action plan.

Actually in the middle of the summer in Chicago, the suns sets later than it does where you are. So I just have to head south in the winter. Might be able to handle that. ;)

I want day light savings time to apply year round.

I don't. It won't be light on December mornings until 9am if it were year round. I wish they would just get rid of it and have non daylight savings year round. I don't need the sun setting at 9pm in june either, it's kind of ridiculous.

That seems to be an issue. Those that want to pick one or the other cannot agree on which.

Next month, my wife and I will be taking a trip to Arizona, which has not DST. So, it will be the same time as here, though it is 14° west, ie just short of an hour. I'll check back with commentary.

J

Top Bottom