Super close! Lost by ONE turn!

Warspite2

Prince
When I say this one goes down as one of the most memoriable games of any Civ game I have ever played is an understatement! This game has been one hell of a ride and should have been on national TV! :cool: Standard map but random type, Emperor level, Standard speed, me as random civ and I ended up with Rome. I started from the very beginning preparing for a diplomacy vic. Things went pretty good throughout most of the game. I was able to expand and secure several resources at a good pace. Ended up in a couple short wars fairly early on but made out ok. I branched through all tradition and piety. I got through the techs towards globalization, built the UN and had one turn left for the vote. On that last turn, I lost a vote when Persia allied one of my allies. I ended the turn and expected to see my nice diplomacy victory screen but instead seen a new 10 turn counter appear. I then looked and seen what happened. I saved the game at this point, ate lunch and came back afterwards to hopefully score my victory. Well, just after loading it up I done a few things during my turn, ended the turn and guess what? I was greeted with a defeat screen! What in the world just happened!? I looked and seen, Persia, who was the smallest country, had built the Utopia and finished with a cultural victory! What a big surprise and wake up, I never knew what hit me. I guess I never payed enough attention to that on the vic progress screen. I seen Persia had some progress on it earlier in the game but did not think they would be able to pull it off. Once again, this should have made not only national TV, CCN worldwide news :lol: Awesome game and too bad they beat me to the punch from a different road to victory. Sorry, I tried to post an image but I keep getting 'not a valid image file' even though I am under the size limit and using a valid file type.

Wow, that must suck. I'm sorry for you, man. :( So, what do we learned today? Check the victory conditions screen more often! In any case, it must be an ''epic win'' for Persia.

But if you want to do payback, select ''One more turn, please'', and DESTROY PERSIA !!!!!!

:evil:

P.S.: You were not playing on Marathon... Right?

Funny how they (Persia) buys the vote to prevent u from winning and later on they win
not too bad for CiV AI :)

Wow. Must give credits to AI for pulling off a Cultural Victory (which I thought AI is incapable of getting) and blocking another's Diplomatic Victory.

p.s. Why not Patronage for Diplomatic Victory? :p

This sounds alot like my first Diety game. I lost with 2 turns to go on the Utopia Project. Dang diplomatic victory. I tried buying over enough city states for a draw, but the AI has sooooo much gold.

.p.s. Why not Patronage for Diplomatic Victory? :p

Why would you do that? All you need is to hoard money and buy CS "on the last turn", which was the biggest mistake the OP made BTW... While I appreciate AI trying to stop you from winning by buying out your votes "on the last turn" (I've seen them do it plenty of times), it also shows the problem with so called "diplomacy" win - The one who buys on the last turn matters. Same when someone (*cough* Alex *cough*) tries to win, you just buy the vote out on the last turn...

I saw it in european news, blitzmessage. Persia wins today.
Oh man bad news anyway:lol:

Do you have auto saves? it sounds like you could change it by doing the last turn thong thing

Top Bottom