Super Earth Map (MGE & ToT) by Denis Kozhin

Blake00

CFC Mod Archivist & Social Media Helper
Supporter
Am curious to know if people have tried Denis Kozhin's utterly huge map of Earth? Embarrassingly I didn't know about it until now and am utterly blown away by it's sheer size!

Most of us know of the popular Giga Earth map (used in many scenarios) however this has even bigger land masses due to the author sacrificing the north and south pole regions freeing up more space to make the main continents bigger and add in so many small islands.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/large-map-of-earth.4435/

If there's ever a map you needed to raise the unit limit on it's this one lol.

America is friggin huuuuuge
upload_2022-1-1_23-33-2.png

Never seen Australia looking so big and playable in Civ2 before
upload_2022-1-1_23-39-38.png

doesn't fit into the minimap
upload_2022-1-1_23-40-12.png

max zoom out.. look at all the islands eg Fiji islands and extended Hawaiian islands
upload_2022-1-1_23-42-5.png

Last edited:
This looks very similar in size to the map used in various Imperialism and World War II scenarios, except the latter map(s) also cut off the Arctic Ocean and parts of Russia, Greenland, Canada, and Alaska.

Am curious to know if people have tried Denis Kozhin's utterly huge map of Earth? Embarrassingly I didn't know about it until now and am utterly blown away by it's sheer size!

Most of us know of the popular Giga Earth map (used in many scenarios) however this has even bigger land masses due to the author sacrificing the north and south pole regions freeing up more space to make the main continents bigger and add in so many small islands.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/large-map-of-earth.4435/

If there's ever a map you needed to raise the unit limit on it's this one lol.

America is friggin huuuuuge
View attachment 617678

Never seen Australia looking so big and playable in Civ2 before
View attachment 617679

doesn't fit into the minimap
View attachment 617680

max zoom out.. look at all the islands eg Fiji islands and extended Hawaiian islands
View attachment 617681

Is it true you can get up to 700 cities with this map? I have an ongoing game with the giga earth map and I'm only at 450 more and less and I stll have the inland greenland and antartida to colonize... 700 would be something....

Is it true you can get up to 700 cities with this map? I have an ongoing game with the giga earth map and I'm only at 450 more and less and I stll have the inland greenland and antartida to colonize... 700 would be something....

@Cassius Critzer posted in his CFC review of the map that testing showed the possibility for 700 cities with decent radious + 100 more on tiny islands making 800 which would just be insane heh. Presumably you'd also need ToTPP with ToT or Civ2UIA with MGE to hit those kinds of crazy numbers too.

I'm playing a game with it at the moment but I doubt I'll play it long enough to test the max city theory myself (it's just fun as I'll be saying goodbye and finishing up my MGE work soon, plus I wanted to test a terrain mod I'm playing around with).

North America is so darn big hahaha
upload_2022-1-6_18-27-4.png

Last edited:
@Cassius Critzer posted in his CFC review of the map that testing showed the possibility for 700 cities with decent radious + 100 more on tiny islands making 800 which would just be insane heh. Presumably you'd also need ToTPP with ToT or Civ2UIA with MGE to hit those kinds of crazy numbers too.

I'm playing a game with it at the moment but I doubt I'll play it long enough to test the max city theory myself (it's just fun as I'll be saying goodbye and finishing up my MGE work soon, plus I wanted to test a terrain mod I'm playing around with).

North America is so darn big hahaha
View attachment 618092
Once I finish the game I'm playing at the moment I want to try and play an extended original game on this map but I came across a problem... when I try to create another map to play (the alien world) my map editor gets an error message...

I hope this is not a sign you are leaving us, dude? Is all OK? :(

Haha I worded that badly, nah don't worry mate I just mean goodbye to my MGE work before switching to ToT. Basically the plan is finish the MGE preservation work, finish all my MGE videos (which will hopefully bring some new traffic here), release my MGE scenarios (that will be a big milestone for me as I want them done and out there so bad), then begin doing the same 3 things for ToT. Even when I eventually progress from ToT to Civ3 preservation work I still plan to keep hanging in the Civ2 forums as this will always be my favourite Civ game. :)

Once I finish the game I'm playing at the moment I want to try and play an extended original game on this map but I came across a problem... when I try to create another map to play (the alien world) my map editor gets an error message...

The error I encontered when using the CivMapGen is "range check error", it happens even when I try load the map...

@Rui_TNV
Nothing wrong with my eyes, mate. No need to post the map name in such an obnoxious manner.
I ran the map, which loads up fine in Mapedit and Civ2Map, so I assume the problem is your setup.

The map file is virtually the same as the various giga-maps I have used for various scenarios.
SL archive already has a few that are very similar if you cannot get this one to load up for edits.

Good luck.

I think he might this thing Curt which is different to Mapedit and Civ2Map:
http://www.cix.co.uk/~spot/civmapgen/CivMapGen.htm

It looks cool but I've never used it and I didn't even know it could load existing maps as I thought it was just purely a generator, not an editor. Anyway if I'm right and you do mean this program @Rui_TNV then it's your lucky day as while this is a nearly 20 year old barely used or talked about program that you shouldn't expect dedicated help or support on I actually totally randomly bumped into its creator Peter Blackman only recently over on the C-Evo forums of all places. So if you want to speak to the creator of CivMapGen himself to ask him about a possible bug in his 19 year old program lol then check his post out below, sign up and send him a PM:
http://c-evo.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=222#p1729

If you mean something else entirely when you say CivMapGen then I got no idea mate. Curt's already tested this map with the known civ2 map editors and it was fine, I also loaded it up fine. Not all SL members regularly read the general forum but @Knighttime , @JPetroski or @Prof. Garfield might have some extra insight, but otherwise I've got nothing else for you man.

Last edited:
Sorry, I copy pasted the t
@Rui_TNV
Nothing wrong with my eyes, mate. No need to post the map name in such an obnoxious manner.
I ran the map, which loads up fine in Mapedit and Civ2Map, so I assume the problem is your setup.

The map file is virtually the same as the various giga-maps I have used for various scenarios.
SL archive already has a few that are very similar if you cannot get this one to load up for edits.

Good luck.

Sorry... I copy pasted it from the topic's title... lol

Top Bottom