Super Earth Map (MGE & ToT) by Denis Kozhin

I know it will be a logistics nigthmare but I'm willling to try it... but I still have to figure out how to play the original extended game with an extra 2 maps... if it's even possible!!!

I doubt those 2 guys will come here but it was worth a shot heh. Actually I can see that Peter (creator of CivMapGen) has logged in to the C-Evo forums for the first time in weeks right after my PM so he's seen the msg and the link to this thread but there's no reply yet.

I guess worst case scenario if you want create maps the same size without CivMapGen then you could just use the exact same Earth map for the extra worlds lol, would be weird but hey it'll work lol. Alternatively you could load the super map in the regular map editor and just make your own changes to it to make your own world using the terrain paint brush tools and then save that and use it as the other world map. Not as nice but hey it seems like you want this badly so you just gotta make do I guess.

I doubt those 2 guys will come here but it was worth a shot heh. Actually I can see that Peter (creator of CivMapGen) has logged in to the C-Evo forums for the first time in weeks right after my PM so he's seen the msg and the link to this thread but there's no reply yet.

I guess worst case scenario if you want create maps the same size without CivMapGen then you could just use the exact same Earth map for the extra worlds lol, would be weird but hey it'll work lol. Alternatively you could load the super map in the regular map editor and just make your own changes to it to make your own world using the terrain paint brush tools and then save that and use it as the other world map. Not as nice but hey it seems like you want this badly so you just gotta make do I guess.

I will try that and even maybe tweek the earth map as I find the islands too small lol, but I still don't know how to make the 4 map possible in the extended original happen...

I read it but I don't think it includes the extended original, only mods, am I wrong?

Yeah.. that's what happens when you visit a forum on your phone.. while driving your car lol! :lol: Don't get distracted by my original question there as it's @Civinator 's replies in that thread about how multi worlds works in the rules file will give you the knowledge you need to increase the world count in extended original. He might be willing to reexplain it in a different way for you but he's a pretty busy guy and is more focused on Civ3 these days.

Yeah.. that's what happens when you visit a forum on your phone.. while driving your car lol! :lol: Don't get distracted by my original question there as it's @Civinator 's replies in that thread about how multi worlds works in the rules file will give you the knowledge you need to increase the world count in extended original. He might be willing to reexplain it in a different way for you but he's a pretty busy guy and is more focused on Civ3 these days.
Ok thanx a lot... I'll try and reach out to him!!

My knowledge with multiple maps is massively overrated. I only can remember some things others had found out more than 20 years ago.

1. Each multiple maps scenario needs a standard map included.

2. The types of the secondary maps and the number of secondary maps is set in the rules text file.

Secondary standard maps.jpg

a) The type of the map is set by the number in the first vertical column of the screenshot. Number 6 is the standard (terran) map.
b) The horizontal columns under the title @SECONDARY_MAPS list the number of secondary maps in that scenario (and the characeristics of those maps)

As the original game extended has another standard (terran) map as its secondary map, here another such column has to be added to this entry for every other added secondary map. So for playing the original extended game with 4 planets you have to add 3 such secondary maps. Of course, if you want, you can add some non-standard maps for some of those planets, too.

3. The names for the new secondary maps can be created in the Game text file of the original extended scenario.

Game.jpg

Under @TRANSPORTOPTIONS the default settings for this scenario are Earth, Centaurus, Map 3 and Map 4. I renamed Map 3 and 4 for the following screenshots to Vulcan and Andor.

The multiple maps settings, even in the original extended scenario, can be set to premade maps, too. These maps must all have the same size.

4. Terrain settings for the new secondary maps:

The new terrain settings for the secondary maps must be added in the rules text (have a look at the handling in the SciFi game) and the terrain graphics for the secondary maps must be added (otherwise you will only see a grey screen for those maps). For 4 planets you need 8 terrain graphic files (in conventional Civ 2 ToT).

In the following, I post 4 screenshots for the original extended scenario with 4 imported big Earth maps from the first post in this thread (each one for one of the 4 planets in the new settings of this scenario), but I don´t think that such a game would provide a lot of fun:

Earth.jpg

Centaurus.jpg

Vulcan.jpg

Andor.jpg

This all can be done easily, but now the real work is starting. The transport relations between the 4 maps must be set for units, buildings, transporters and events - and this are really tons of work.

Last edited:
My knowledge with multiple maps is massively overrated. I only can remember some things others had found out more than 20 years ago.

2. The types of the secondary maps and the number of secondary maps is set in the rules text file.

View attachment 619059

a) The type of the map is set by the number in the first vertical column of the screenshot. Number 6 is the standard (terran) map.
b) The horizontal columns under the title @SECONDARY_MAPS list the number of secondary maps in that scenario (and the characeristics of those maps)

As the original game extended has another standard (terran) map as its secondary map, here another such column has to be added to this entry for every other added secondary map. So for playing the original extended game with 4 planets you have to add 3 such secondary maps. Of course, if you want, you can add some non-standard maps for some of those planets, too.

3. The names for the new secondary maps can be created in the Game text file of the original extended scenario.

View attachment 619061

Under @TRANSPORTOPTIONS the default settings for this scenario are Earth, Centaurus, Map 3 and Map 4. I renamed Map 3 and 4 for the following screenshots to Vulcan and Andor.

The multiple maps settings, even in the original extended scenario, can be set to premade maps, too. These maps must all have the same size.

The new terrain settings for the secondary maps must be added in the rules text (have a look at the handling in the SciFi game) and the terrain graphics for the secondary maps must be added (otherwise you will only see a grey screen for those maps). For 4 planets you need 8 terrain graphic files (in conventional Civ 2 ToT).

In the following, I post 4 screenshots for the original extended scenario with 4 imported big Earth maps from the first post in this thread (each one for one of the 4 planets in the new settings of this scenario), but I don´t think that such a game would provide a lot of fun:

View attachment 619065

View attachment 619066

View attachment 619067

View attachment 619068

This all can be done easily, but now the real work is starting. The transport relations between the 4 maps must be set for units, buildings, transporters and events - and this are really tons of work.
Wow... thanx a lot for the helping me out... I can see it will take tremendous work indeed... one question... what's the map limit I could try and implement in the extended original?

one question... what's the map limit I could try and implement in the extended original?

I never made such a test, as for the reasons in my SciFi mod, it was enough to add one secondary map to give the mod a "third dimension" for attacking and defending from civs of another galaxy (or quadrant of a galaxy). Now you have the knowledge to do such tests yourself, if you really think that this is needed. The game text file has entries for four maps, but this mustn´t be the limit.

Last edited:

View attachment 619059

View attachment 619061

View attachment 619065

View attachment 619066

View attachment 619067

View attachment 619068

Hello.

Thanx a lot for time you spent on this... but I've been thinking about it and I don't have the time to make it work... I have a game in progress that I started january... of last year and I haven't even reached year 1700...

Once again thanx...

They said having 1000s of units and cities was impossible too. Then ToTPP came along.

Depends what the map dimension limits currently are, and if they can be broken.

If so, a really massive map is possible.
I am currently playing one of the biggest maps ever and I have more than 500 cities, planet earth isn't completly colonized (still inland greenland and most of antartica) and alpha centaury only has around 100 cities built so an even bigger planet I don't think ToTPP would be able to handle as it is said after 1000 cities there may occur glitches...

But if it could I would try and go for the maximum limit possible... can you imagine a game with multiple maps and 32000 cities... wow now that would be something... it comes to mind Valerian and city of 1000 planets...

I'll also chuck CivMapGen creator Peter a PM on the C-Evo forums and try his old email too to see if I can lure him here too. Not holding my breath though lol.

EDIT: Peter's email bounced back (so hopefully he visits C-Evo forums again) but Denis's email did not bounce back so ya never know haha.

Quoting myself here as it's been so long that this update needs the context lol!

9 months later I just got a reply from Peter! Looks like he's seen this thread and passed on some interesting info.. he might just look at updating his CivMapGen program for Civ2 one day after all. Interesting that he's converting it for C-Evo too.

PeterB said:
Hi Blake,

Thanks for the heads up. Right now I'm working on a port of the map generator for C-evo. Hope to have something by the end of the year. Maybe after that will have another look at Civ-2.

Cheers,
Peter

Top Bottom