Super-Moors with size 36 Marrakus?

Kawzmo191

Warlord
It's 1080 A.D during my France Monarch, normal speed when I notice that the Moors have a score of 1248, with Arabia (648), Byzantium (632) and myself at 425. Keep in mind that I helped the Spanish evict them from Iberia sometime around 900. So I bring a trireme down there and what do I see but a size 36 Marrakus with a small stack of grenadiers! Oh I wish I coulda screened it! I know the Moors are supposed to have a tech lead, but this is just crazy! I downloaded RFCA today and ran a defrag, so maybe some kinda wonky code thing is causing this and the CTD when I attempt to exit to menu?

This is what I would do: Destroy them with worldbuilder, take the city over with a soldier (through worldbuilder), and then take away all their techs through worldbuilder. Then, give them independence.

Ahh, it happened again. Destroyed them with wb but didnt think about all that ;) That was really a hell of a game. I was middle on the score chart for most of the game, with a thankless Izzy backstabbing me, and a Holy Roman Italy that never rose, as well as Super Norsemen controlling Russia and Ukraine. Wound up bulbing gunpowder and seized Rome, split forces 70/30 towards Venice and Naples. It was an extreme gamble, seeing as they could have easily rolled over the Rhine and tore up the landside, meeting little resistance unless I decided to peel my knights from the army in Italy. I quit once I realized it was 1560, I'm still medieval, Germany had collapsed after the Turks stormed Budapest and Spain had a serious stack of Conqs in Barcelona. The good was Frankfurt flipped to me the turn I quit, with 3 GGs settled inside!

Why do people 'quit' DoC games? Why not just switch civs?

Because some of us don't have the Alienware x9000gt-turbo edition, and by 1560 it was taking 2-3 minutes to make a turn? Anyway, absolutely love the mod, Leoreth! It just makes it so hard to go back to vanilla RFC:Marathon. The world there still has large empty swaths and lacks colour, both figuratively and literally, but i can actually make it to about 1700 before it gets too bad with respect to loading turns. Oh well, just gives me added impetus to pick up some goodies for this Bush-era Dell notebook :p

Why do people 'quit' DoC games? Why not just switch civs?

i quit a lot.
often because it slows down.

often because of that combined with the fact that i can tell im going to win and dont want to keep clicking turns

i much enjoy the older time periods anyways though. always have since vanilla civ 3. i pretty much only play the modern civs to feel them out.

if my computer was faster id probably finish more games

Top Bottom