1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Super newbie question.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by TheSnafued1, Jan 20, 2006.

1. TheSnafued1

TheSnafued1 Chieftain

How do you download the New civs and modpacks into the game?

Thank you tons in advance!

2. Throttle

Throttle Chieftain

If you look in the main Civ4 directory you'll find a shortcut to a Custom Mod directory: _Civ4CustomMods

This is actually a link to the following path:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your user>\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods

You have to unzip the mod there.

Now run the game, choose ADVANCED, then LOAD A MOD. Select the Mod you want to load from the list on your left and click OK.

The game will restart in order to load the new Mod.
    That's it!

Have fun

3. Half Fast

Half Fast fat slob in a bar

Thanks Throttle, I know just what path that is your talking about and how you get to the mods folder, but I can't figure out how to unzip the MOD there. :blush:
    EDIT: ok I figured it out now

4. Haarbal

Haarbal Chieftain

for some reason (can't remember what it was, i think it was multiplayer) you have to put them in "C:/program files/blabla/Sid Meiers Civilization 4/Mods/modname" (put it in the main game directory)

5. WildWeazel

WildWeazel -- Turns to Completion

Wrong forum, ALL qurstions go in the main C&C forum. This forum is for tutorials.