Super Official Mac BNW Info

AspyrRyan

Prince
Hi folks! We've posted our FAQ about the Brave New World release for Mac!

http://blog.gameagent.com/aspyr-mac-faqs-civilization-v-brave-new-world/#more-9967

Here's the part you'll really care about:
Q: When will Brave New World be available on the Mac?

Brave New World is set to launch on the Mac on the same day as the PC version. The North American launch date is July 9, and the international release date is July 12.

Q: Will Brave New World be available through the Mac App Store?

Yes! North American users that play Civilization V: Campaign Edition from the Mac App Store will be able to purchase Brave New World as an in-app purchase starting July 9. International users will have access to the expansion via in-app purchase starting July 12.

Ryan,

To everyone at Aspyr, my thanks. I long had faith you could pull it off, but still thrilled. My daughter and I have a launch day party planned to play our first game of BNW via multiplayer. Can't wait.

Great news, but I'm wondering about the effect of the patch, or lack thereof. I haven't gotten any patch update, but my PC friends got one. They said it contained numerous changes.
Three questions:

1. Is this patch coming for mac? If so, when?
2. Is this patch required for BNW? If so, should I hold off on purchasing BNW?
3. Is the patch required to play multiplayer with PCs running BNW?

Thank you for any information, it is greatly appreciated.

A patch is coming for Mac on the day of the BNW release, but it will not sync up with the PC. I do not have an ETA available for the patch that matches the PC.
A patch will be required, but it will release the same day on BNW. There is no need to wait on getting BNW.
Yes, a patch that matches the PC version will be required to play multiplayer, so cross platform multiplayer will not be available at release.

A patch is coming for Mac on the day of the BNW release, but it will not sync up with the PC. I do not have an ETA available for the patch that matches the PC.
A patch will be required, but it will release the same day on BNW. There is no need to wait on getting BNW.
Yes, a patch that matches the PC version will be required to play multiplayer, so cross platform multiplayer will not be available at release.

Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to playing BNW! Bummed about not syncing up with PC, but hopefully that won't take too long to fix.

I have a question.

Your system requirements list the ATI Radeon 7950 (from Sapphire) as a supported video card but not the EVGA NVidia GTX 680. Is that correct?

As of 6:30 AM EDT, the update downloaded to my Mac (via Steam... not AppStore version). Unfortunately, I will not be able to play until this evening. But looking forward to a little father-daughter launch party tonight!

My Mac's App Store is telling me BNW is now available via in-App purchase. I haven't tried it yet, as I'm on the middle of other things, and since I'm in the UK, it's probably lying. But it's interesting!

My Mac's App Store is telling me BNW is now available via in-App purchase. I haven't tried it yet, as I'm on the middle of other things, and since I'm in the UK, it's probably lying. But it's interesting!

it works!
downloaded it in belgium trough app store, it's great! :goodjob:

It's in the U.S. App Store. I am downloading now.

But I played it smart and made a clone of my entire system just in case things go FUBAR.

It appeared on the MGS after lunch, and I've been playing BNW for several hours now. Liking what I see.

Top Bottom