Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by lincoln_lyf, Jul 13, 2014.

1. braveheart1

braveheart1 Chieftain

someone tells me how to install this mod ?

2. OpDopDoo

OpDopDoo Chieftain

This pack looks amazing however the Tech Tree not scrolling/not loading properly is ruining it for me.

I'm using the latest version, all the DLC, v66 components and I have reached breaking point. :cry:

3. Midleiro F.

Midleiro F. Chieftain

Dear creators, I just want to stop by to say with all my heart a big THANK YOU for this mod. I've played many, many games on it, and it has given me countless hours of fun! The latest updates, where you changed the difficulty levels, were amazing: the "Great Powers" dificulty is *exactly* what I was looking for, and keeps the game challenging until the end. Thank you!

The corrupt save/crashing problem seems to be fixed for me. It crashes however, sometimes when I try to load a game for the second time; but the first time always works. ;)

I agree with most of the issues pointed by Castfinder, especially concerning the overpowered sea trade routes and the 4-tile apart city placement.

4. Zagaroth

Zagaroth Chieftain

Compatibility with added civ mods:
    I'm going to do some more testing later, but I want to get these notes in while I have it all in my head.

added buildings and units that call upon existing resources, specifically graphics, are simply deleted. Not available at all (I used IGE to look at available buildings and units).

Added units that have their own graphics are available in game (though I didn't think to add them and see how they work, they belonged to other civs not the one i was playing on), but IGE shows their names as "TXT_[location of proper name]", showing an exact copy of the text present in the entry, instead of following the code to the appropriate actual text.

Edit: Almost forgot, if the building in question is the Palace, you have 'move palace' as your first building to build. And if you get faith enough to found a pantheon before you finish moving the palace, the game CTDs.

5. supersoniquest

supersoniquest Chieftain

After using 3 Great scientists at one turn, my tech now advances by ~60 000 points (each turn, for almost 10 turns), but iam producing only 4000 :(

This is killing the fun... iam attaching the save game

THIS IS A HOTSEAT, i am 'player 1', France

Please help

Attached Files:

6. Caunion

Caunion Chieftain

Never mind, solved it

7. ExplicitGG

ExplicitGG Chieftain

I have bugs with cargo ships range. In most cases it is minus million and I can not use my ship.

8. sdupont73

sdupont73 Chieftain

Just want to say thanks for making such a fantastic mod. I truly think it's the best Civ 5 has to offer. The only tricky part is that I have to save the game on turn 1 or else later save attempts fail. But once I have the initial save game, later saves never give me any issues.

Have been playing on superpowers as England. The AI certainly knows how to throw everything including the kitchen sink at you. To me, it's this aspect that keeps it fun. In vanilla BNW, once you break a CPU's army / navy, you've pretty much won the war. But with this mod, you are constantly facing new reinforcements. And as the game notes suggest, it just gets harder as the game goes on.

I find it's not that difficult to stay within 5 to 10 techs of the leader - using spies, etc. But the CPUs have endless $$ / shields. What matters most as the game goes on is the fight for strategic resources. Without them, you can't make much - especially in the late game. The CPU AI is not particularly good at playing the resource war. I wonder if more of the end game resources being generally available would make it more fun. I'd like to see long fronts of armor, artillery, etc, but since armor requires oil, the AI may never have more than 6 or 8 at a time.

Anyway, great game. Thanks again for reinvigorating my love of Civ 5.

9. Morx97

Morx97 Chieftain

I must thank you for this wonderful mod, it's like another expansion to civilization 5. I played some matches over some dozens hours and I have to say it's nearly pefect, every addition to the game feels stock and in complete harmony with everything else. I'd like to ask if there is a way to have something like a cold war situation and maybe even global thermonuclear war (i love nukes and fallout, the nuclear winter feature is epic) with the ai, i mean are there settings in xml files to make the ai stack nukes and in case of war actually use them more often? Everytime i use nukes i just feel like cheating because ai usually won't use them in response. Another thing bothering me is technology advancing too fast compared to the in game years, is there a way to change the timing at which years per turn become less?
    Anyway thanks again, this mod is awesome!

10. Mrhoochi

Mrhoochi Chieftain

Hello,
    great mod but I never had any strategic resource on my map - even not on the maps from gdemon - any solution???
    thx
    :confused:

11. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

I experienced exactly the same trouble using the ver. 1.0.3.144 of Civ V
    Simply upgrading to 1.0.3.279 solved the problem

12. chrisgatt7

chrisgatt7 Prince

does anybody know when the next update is ?

13. bolbolsima

bolbolsima Chieftain

I know this has been mentioned far too much but I tried the DX9 option and still nothing. However, when I load the saved game from the Steam Cloud, it does load but there're a few things that are messed up, like the appearance of "Palace - 1 turn" under "Move Capital", I can build two of the Global unique units, etc.

I understand there may be fixes to this issue in the next update which I'm looking forward to.

Great mod, btw. Truly inspired and utterly enjoyable. I just can't play it anymore coz I can never progress from my saved locations.

:goodjob:

14. Graypdrink

Graypdrink Chieftain

I am having the issue with the Tech Tree scrolling bar not appearing, which wasn't an issue at first since as all the tech skills appeared in the selection option. Now I just finished Economics and no other skills are appearing.

I followed your advice, no other mods are installed, i disabled GOK, made sure I am up to date. Even uninstalled and reinstalled the mod. I still am not able to get the scroll bar to come up. I

Any ideas how to solve this, Id just make another game but I don't want to spend another few days playing if the issue pop up again.

I did notice when downloading the Mod again, that it says V 5 instead of 5.1, is that suppose to be the case, as I also had the saving issue, which i solved using Direct X 9 instead of 11.

15. Grayson Carlyle

Grayson Carlyle Chieftain

Get it from the Steam Workshop and make sure it gets updated in game, and you should be good to go.

If you can't do it that way, change your monitor resolution to a standard resolution, as apparently the scrolling issue is caused by non-standard monitor resolutions.

16. Ameise

Ameise Chieftain

I have noticed a bug in 3 games with this mod so far (I abandoned 2 of them because of it) and just now realized what was happening.
    I ran into the issue of cities generating a lot of negative gold from citizens and upon looking in the third game i realized that all my cities had courthouses and upon selling them I had normal city income again.

I reloaded an old autosave from the game before and testet my city with 27 citizens:
    With the courthouse I had -316,44 gold from citizens (!)
    Without the courthouse it dropped to -13,5 (from library and public school).

Somehow the courthouse generated -302,94 gold from my citizens, which is far more than the -1 gold per 3 citizens like it says in the tooltip.

UPDATE:
    The error seems to have been caused by another mod. I used Sukritact's Events & Decisions, which constructed the courthouses with a decision.
    Courthouses work normally without it.
    I'd suggest you add the mod as uncompatible, since it doesn't seem to affect the .lua files you name as issues.

I can provide logs and a savegame for the situation described above if you want to check where the incompatibility comes from.

Currently running the following mods: Super Powers Modpack, InfoAddict, R.E.D. Modpack and the needed dll file.

17. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

I just finished 3 games without any freeze or major bug.
    It's worths to mention it :)
    However I'm convice the gold calculation goes wrong.
    Some decisives commercial policies didn't raise the among of gold per turn, the opposite happened as well.
    So nice if it could be fixed :banana:

18. Trias171

Trias171 Chieftain

I boot up the game and all is well but it will not let me choose city production - I havo no other mods active.

19. asterlong

asterlong Chieftain

for some reason city states don't generate when i start up the game, even when i already set them

after 3 days testing with and without other mods, through many different settings, i still don't get city states in any way.

i'm using 5.1 with DLL VMC v66

please check, thanks

20. Asterix Rage

Asterix Rage Warlord

Why i dont meet any major bug and you do?

:banana: The receipe maybe :
    Civ 5 version 1.0.3.279/w7x64/4GB/DX11 on HD4850/SPMods only

By the way, does Lincoln tired ?