Super-units

Sleeping Dragon

Chieftain
Hi everyone. Long-time lurker posting for the first time because I'm feeling rather proud of myself for getting a unit to break the 100 XP barrier. In my current game (Mehmed of the Ottomans, Monarch, Standard/Epic) I found myself on a mini-continent with Cyrus, who I axe-rushed off the face of the planet and then went into relatively peaceful builder mode. Annoyingly I wasn't able to get a unit to level 4 so I couldn't build the Heroic Epic, and I eventually teched my way along to Astronomy and Chemistry, still without a Great General or level 4 unit.

I decided I'd have some fun preying on my backwards neighbours (I probably could have won this game through military ages ago, but was feeling lazy) and built some Privateers. Eventually I popped my first Great General and attached him to my most highly promoted Privateer, giving me a level 4 unit to build HE. For the next hundred to two hundred turns, Dread Pirate Heinz Guderian became the terror of the seas, sinking dozens of vessels from all nations and racking up XP thanks to the Leadership promotion. My rivals started to catch up with me in their naval technology and the age of the Privateer looked to be over, and then that idiot Monty declared war on me, so I teched to Combustion, hooked up some oil, and then promoted Guderian's Privateer into the world's most terrifying Destroyer. Here's Captain Heinz, relaxing off-shore after a busy day of sending some miserable Aztec sailors to rest in Davy Jones' locker :goodjob:

Anyone else managed to get any super-units?

I gotta chuckle every time I see a sea unit as a Great General! I don't know why.

The best I had got around 70 exp only. I am not really a warmonger, this unit got a leadership promotion early on from a event. No GG.

Leadership blitz destroyers vs wooden ships..... aka XP gatherers :p

I do remember to fill all the possible promos in a destroyer like that in a BtS test game in Noble... how much XP is that? :/

Well done. The little ship that could!

from a Boudica game (monarch/marathon/large pangaea) -> win in 1200AD
withdraw chance helps a lot to keep the GG alive

Privateers with a GG are fantastic units. They get you :gold: and GG points and upgrade to Destroyers, because the AI will spam Caravels.
I name my Great Admiral Privateer 'Dread Pirate Roberts'. :D

Welcome to the Forums Sleeping Dragon. :beer:

You've got a promotion I've never seen before. What does the happy face with the beret do?

Top Bottom