1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Superheroes!

Discussion in 'Arts & Entertainment' started by EgonSpengler, Mar 10, 2015.

1. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

2. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Warlord

Masters of the Universe: Revelation -

Laurana Kanan likes this.
  3. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

I watched He-Man as a small boy, but I don't have nostalgia for it. Presumably this will be a more mature series?

Sommerswerd likes this.
  4. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

First episode of Loki was a'ight. A stronger opening than the previous two Marvel shows, but a less compelling premise. We'll see how it develops.

EgonSpengler likes this.
  5. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Deity

Random bits:

Superman & Lois. I don't know why Lois' father didn't just say that the Kryptonite weapons were because of the risk of other Kryptonians coming to Earth - which has happened in the CW-verse twice, I think - and the possibility that Earth's most powerful heroes wouldn't be enough. You have Superman, Supergirl, The Flash, and the Martian Manhunter. If, like, twelve Kryptonians showed up, the whole planet would be pretty much f'd.

Also, I'm taking a wait-and-see attitude to the big reveal at the end of S&L episode 9. At first blush, it feels like something we've seen before a lot, so by itself, the reveal didn't get much of a rise out of me.

Jameela Jamil will be playing Titania in She-Hulk. I am 100% here for this show. Of course I was in the bag anyway, but this sounds even more awesome now. I hope this means the show will be a comedy, or at least comedic. I loathed Jamil's character on The Good Place at first, but she won me over pretty quickly.

Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom. No idea what it will be about, other than what you could guess from the title. I don't really remember much about the first movie, but I definitely remember enjoying it while I was watching it.

I read somewhere that Stargirl is getting a second season this Summer. I'd completely forgotten about that show. :lol: Like Aquaman, I think I enjoyed it while I was watching it, so I'll probably give it another go. I think I read that season 2 will feature the Golden Age Justice Society, who I was a fan of when I was a kid. Hawkman is going to be in Black Adam, and the Golden Age Green Lantern is going to be in the Green Lantern series, so I'm guessing we probably won't see them in Stargirl. But Doctor Fate, the Golden Age Sandman, Starman, Thunderbolt, Power Girl, the Huntress? It would be fun to see any of them.

Jupiter's Legacy got canceled, despite leading all streaming shows for the middle of May with a billion minutes streamed on only 8 episodes. I think this bodes ill for streaming series writ large. Obviously that show's budget has got to be way higher than a GLOW or a Mindhunter, but if a show can't get renewed with that kind of success... Anyway, I was cutting Jupiter's Legacy a lot of slack for leaving questions unanswered and stories unresolved because I was assuming it was always intending to come back with a second season. Now that it's one-and-done, I think I'm forced to lower my evaluation of it. Oh, well.

Deadline, 10 June 2021 - "‘Jupiter’s Legacy’ Shines Before Revamp News, Topping Nielsen U.S. Streaming Chart"

WandaVision is also not getting a second season, but I think we sorta knew that already, didn't we? Wanda looks likely to be a big part of Doctor Strange 2, and possibly of the whole Phase 4. (There was a popular theory that WandaVision was going to be the MCU adaptation of House of M, which didn't turn out to be the case. But the series didn't eliminate the possibility, either. I'm just talking out of my [nose] here, but I think it's possible the whole Phase 4 could be the MCU's adaptation of House of M and Wanda could be The Big Bad.)

I never watched Master of the Universe when I was a kid, but I listen to Kevin Smith's podcast some weeks, and from the sound of it, yes, he's trying to make it something that adults can watch too. It doesn't sound like he's going all "grim n' gritty" (probably just as well :lol: ), but I think he wanted it to be more than just a continuation of the '80s Saturday morning cartoon.

6. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Who? I must have missed that.
    I'd put it in the middle, better opener than Wandavision but no way it beats the TFATWS opening, that episode was mind-blowing.
    No effing way :shake: Why??? :cry:

7. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

Apparently, it didn't do as well as was hoped. It's being replaced by another series set in the same Millarworld that'll focus on the supervillains - titled Supercrooks.