Superheroes!

Having that German Hydra agent say "scheisse" like that is definitely getting crap past the radar.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on the set of Black Adam. I like that Black Adam is getting his own film before he squares off with Shazam. Zachary Levi won't have to pretend to be intimidated. :shifty:

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on the set of Black Adam. I like that Black Adam is getting his own film before he squares off with Shazam. Zachary Levi won't have to pretend to be intimidated. :shifty:

Interesting that he's the only person to come out of pro 'wrestling' that turned out to be a good actor.

Interesting that he's the only person to come out of pro 'wrestling' that turned out to be a good actor.
I've only seen John Cena in one movie (Blockers, I wouldn't call it good but it was entertaining) and a few interviews but I quite like him. He's managed to get into some big budget movies like F9 and The Suicide Squad

I've only seen John Cena in one movie (Blockers, I wouldn't call it good but it was entertaining) and a few interviews but I quite like him. He's managed to get into some big budget movies like F9 and The Suicide Squad
I don't really follow pro wrestling. I had to Google "wrestlers turned actors" and yeah, it's a short list. I would add Dave Bautista, so that's three. I would also call all three guys 'movie stars' rather than 'actors', a distinction that I think describes them better. Roddy Piper and Jesse Ventura each had one memorable performance back in the day, if you wanted to give them credit for that, so we're up to 5 guys in 40 years. Pro wrestling's a very different style of acting, obviously, and leans heavily on the stuntwork. I think it's a descendant of vaudeville and circus 'strongman' shows (although I've never seen either one irl, so I'm just hypothesizing) while movies are an outgrowth of dramatic theater. I don't know how many vaudeville performers successfully transitioned to film, either. Mae West and Groucho Marx are the only two I can name.

I see that Black Adam will be trying to portray its protagonist as an anti-hero. I hope they pull it off. It can be tricky to do.

Incorrect. Andre the Giant was fantastic in The Princess Bride.

Also:
Dave Bautista has proved to be a good actor as well, most famously, he was terrific as Drax in the MCU.

Jesse "I ain't got time to bleed" Ventura in Predator, did a great job with the role in a classic.

Also:
Dave Bautista has proved to be a good actor as well, most famously, he was terrific as Drax in the MCU.

Jesse "I ain't got time to bleed" Ventura in Predator, did a great job with the role in a classic.

A couple good performances don't show range of acting ability.

*smacks forehead* How could I've forgotten The Princess Bride? Inconceivable!

A couple good performances don't show range of acting ability.
I agree. I'm not willing to say that anyone is a good actor or movie star based on a single performance, even though one classic movie is more than a lot of actors ever get. The Rock has a great filmography and is very reliable; he's clearly the top movie star among the bunch, by a mile.

Superman & Lois, episode 12.

Spoiler :
Well, so much for no crossovers. But it was a minor one.

This show continues to be a surprise.

Superman & Lois, episode 12.

Spoiler :
Well, so much for no crossovers. But it was a minor one.

This show continues to be a surprise.
It's the only CW show I'm still watching. fwiw.

I watched the first half of Iron Man (2008) last night.

At first I was thinking to myself, "boy, it feels like this movie came out just a few years ago", but then Tony mentions Maxim magazine; one of the soldiers takes a picture of him with one of those little digital cameras that I took to Europe what seems like 70 years ago; and he tells the kid not to post the picture on his MySpace page. :lol:

Great casting, through and through. I think I still prefer Terrence Howard's Rhodey. I think Howard and Downey Jr. had better chemistry in the one movie than Downey Jr and Cheadle have had since. Howard's Rhodey comes off as a little more square than Cheadle's, a guy who irons his socks and makes his bed to military precision when he's on vacation. Maybe that contrasts better with Downey Jr.'s "too cool for school" man-boy.

During the Las Vegas retrospective of Tony's career, the photographs of Howard Stark are neither John Slattery nor Dominic Cooper, it's someone named Gerard Sanders. The narrator of the retrospective is Will Lyman, the narrator for the PBS news shows Frontline, Nova and The American Experience.

The journalist that Stark sleeps with is Leslie Bibb, who played Grace in Jupiter's Legacy this past Spring.

That is a cool image, Clubber. :)

Masters of the Universe: Revelation poster -
I remember growing up, that there was a purple sister sword to the gray He-Man power sword (which came with certain versions of the Skeletor toy, IIRC, and that some versions of the toy actually allowed them to attach to each other, forming one sword... but I don't remember them doing anything with that concept in the actual cartoon. Cool to see that they are now finally going somewhere with that concept.

The "watch on YouTube" banner at the bottom of the window is obscuring the "The" part of "Therapists react"... so it looks like "rapists react" instead... It caught me off guard when I first saw it. Then, when I looked closer, it initially looked to me like it was "The rapists react".:eek: I was thinking "WTF is Egon posting??:confused:"

Then I looked at the top of the window instead of the bottom. :blush: :lol: Doh!

Top Bottom