1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Superheroes!

Discussion in 'Arts & Entertainment' started by EgonSpengler, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

BenitoChavez and EgonSpengler like this.
  2. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Warlord

Avengers: Endgame: Someone put together an interactive graphic to try to sort out some of the headache-inducing effects of that movie's conclusion. Spoilers, obv. I really want to re-watch the scene with Bruce and The Ancient One on the roof, to see if it sheds any useful light on what happened subsequently. I enjoyed the movie a lot while I was watching it - and the parts that I enjoyed haven't dimmed with time - but the more I think about what the movie did, the more aggravated with it I get.

It seems like it. The CW shows are on 2, maybe 3, different Earths, but share a 'universe' (and the characters have visited, or been visited by, several more Earths). Presumably they'll all be on one, shared Earth at the end of Crisis. I don't know if it's been confirmed that Black Lightning will be involved in that, and I don't know if that show has ever acknowledged the existence of other Earths. I also don't know if the streaming service shows are in the same universe with the movies, or in a third one. Theoretically, fans could be telling themselves these last few years that the movies are, in fact, in the same 'universe' as the CW shows, but on other Earths; however, I think The CW's Crisis event will pull that rug out from under us.

BenitoChavez likes this.
  3. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

Where is 1983 Magento? :p

Michael Fassbender is 42 right now. In 8 years that makes him 50 which isn't too far off what Ian McKellan was in 2000 which was 61.

That graphic has the best explanation for where Captain America ends up that I've seen. I don't think the Bruce & The Ancient One scene resolves any of the plot issues.

Spoiler :
    TAO says that removing infinity stones from a timeline creates branches and Bruce says replacing the stones back to their original time and place once they are done won't affect those branches. They don't really go into what other actions could create branches or how to resolve them (like 2012 Loki taking the 2012 space stone).

4. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Warlord

It's a clever idea, and one I hadn't seen anywhere else, but I wouldn't be satisfied with it. It's not his fault, though. Part of the problem the movie is leaving me with is that I haven't read, or thought of, an explanation that I would be satisfied with.

I don't think it does, either. I'm just grasping at straws.

On the bright side, I do find the period between the two movies to be compelling story material. I sort of like that Endgame didn't erase that hole in everyone's lives, even though it's a staggering event with mind-boggling consequences. For example, one could compile a list of all the characters from the Netflix series, randomly dust 40%-60% of them, then write some fanfic about the survivors.

5. Cutlass

EgonSpengler likes this.
  6. Cutlass

EgonSpengler likes this.
  7. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Images are too big... :shifty:

8. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Warlord

From the sound of things, the Dark Phoenix posters are better than the movie. I love that Wonder Woman poster. I think I heard Kevin Smith say that he'd seen the costume for WW84 and it looked brighter to him than the ones she's worn so far.

9. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

10. Cutlass

11. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler Warlord

A few eps into season 3 of Jessica Jones: I obviously didn't expect Trish to go full-Hellcat, but I'm waiting for some thug to grab a handful of that scarf she wears. She needs a Melvin Potter-type to make her some body armor.