- Jan 24, 2021
Current Version: 1.0
Original Author: Lincoln_lyf
A Total Conversion Modpack originally created by the amazing Lincoln_Lyf, with a special emphasis on strengthening the core Economic, Military and Political gameplay of Civilization V, while ensuring longevity and heaps of new content. Currently undertaking the task of fixing bugs, adding content, and balancing the experience to ensure a challenging experience for both new and returning players.
Join us on our Discord Server, to help keep this project alive.
Check out the Quickstart Guide here.
SUPERPOWERS aims to provide a fresh, challenging, and content rich experience with optimal stability, balance and performance to make it viable for a Multiplayer experience.
Some core tenets regarding the design philosophy of this experience are as follows:
- Expand upon the amazing base laid by Lincoln_Lyf
- Perform changes to the balance to ensure no unfair advantages
and to make the experience more challenging.
- To provide a rich late game experience with added mechanics
such as electricity, manpower and a plethora of new techs,
buildings and units.
- Ensure and improve Multiplayer compatibility.
Exciting Late Game Experience
- 4 unique components for all 43 Civs: Many modern units and buildings
- A fully new designed Tech Tree with two new eras: World War Era and Future Era
- A fully new designed Policy Tree and Ideologies
- Plain water plots can be improved
- Strong terrain modification abilities in the late game
- Space race: launching orbital satellites for global effects
- More challenges in the late game from enhanced AI and increasing maintenance cost of your nation
Realistic and Challenging Domestic Affairs
- 200+ new buildings, wonders and improvements
- Cities will have corruption & public Security issues
- Cities will upgrade by reaching higher population levels, unlocking advanced buildings, wider working distance, but causing pollution and traffic problems
- New Strategic Resources with global effects: Manpower, Consumer Goods, Electricity
- Move your capital to a new place for a better efficiency
- Move your population inside your cities for a better efficiency
- Nations with a higher Tourism Output will attract international immigrants from other countries
- Happiness will be more important: affecting tourism output and international immigration
Enhanced Combat System and Modern Warfare
- 2-unit-per-plot system for units’ coordination operations and larger battle scale
- 100+ new units and promotions
- Highly specialized military units with diverse abilities and cost
- Realistic naval units and air units design, powerful but expensive
- Unique legendary elite & experimental units in real history await you command
- Workers can turn into militia units for war mobilization or logistics service
- War is dangerous: intensive war will cause population loss and even nuclear winters.
Comfortable & Efficient Game Experience
- Fully tweaked game balance: no “weak” civilizations, policies, wonders, units, etc
- Adaptive difficulty level: AI’s bonus depend on your performance
- Rapid & compact game pace with zero “garbage time”
- Automated Management & Batch Operations: control hundreds of cities or units in one-click
As of now, the project is only available in a MODPACK version that has to be manually installed due to use of DLL mods, however a Steam release in the future would be optimal.
SUPERPOWERS V1.0: DOWNLOAD
STEPS TO INSTALL
Step 1: Download the release of choice from the links above.
Step 2: Extract the contents of the zipped file to: Civ 5 Directory/Assets/DLC
Step 3: Ensure the folders, MP_MODPACK, UI_bc1 and UI_Mainmenu are
placed in the "DLC" folder.
(OPTIONAL) Delete the cache folder in My Documents/My Games/Sid Meirs Civ 5, to ensure optimal functionality.
Spoiler Immense Thanks: :
Spoiler View :