Superslug Vs Sid

superslug

Still hatin' on Khan
Hall of Fame Staff
On my first map roll, I had a river and cow for a 4-turn pump. Upriver was a wheat for a great second city.
I played this first-ever Sid attempt for 14 minutes before discovering I shared my island with the Arabs and went screaming out of the room in terror.
Hope to make it a half an hour on my next run.

It became very quickly apparent to me that I'm not ready for Sid, even if it's still a matter of psychological intimidation. Civ is very much a brain game.
I don't really have any Deity games on the HOF tables, so I'm playing one now as a step in the direction of Sid. I've always hated archipelago games, but I know it's crucial to slowing down the AI on Sid. My current Deity game is an archipelago, and I'm certainly noticing how it's stunted AI development.

I never would have figured I'd get an SGL on Deity, playing the Iroquois no less. Thank you Metallurgy!

Decided to take a break from Sid attempts and tried a huge milk run on Regent. Thought for a while the score would place in top 10, but was falling just short. As luck would have it, I totally forgot about 160K culture and triggered that as a win. That one did make a table.

Don't have nearly as much free time as when this game first came out, but I'm slowly working on a 20K Deity game that seems promising. Even if I'm not a Sid-level player yet, it feels great being able to compete on Deity after all these years.

Top Bottom