1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Suppose you gave a war and everybody came...?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by darski, Jul 19, 2008.

1. darski

darski Regent in Training

I have had a couple of games where there is a later war and so I have been storing up my military for this. Most often, I tend to get everyone into the fray so that the declaring Civ has a lot of wars on his hands.

In one game, I destroyed all of the English cities on my turn so that the guys I invited didn't even get to take a city or even move for that matter.

I just had a game where the Arabs had a longish journey to get to my rails (zoom) and then to the battle zone.

I am just wondering if it affects AI attitude or my Reputation if they get invited to the war, send troops and don't get to fight or take a city. I have been known to gift these guys a city just so they didn't waste their time.

Does anyone know if this matters or not? (and yes it is wussy warlord level - but similar things happened in my Regent games as well)

2. dirtworm

dirtworm Warlord

no, it doesn't matter if they do anything. good thoughts though, that would be nice to see added into the personalities in the new civ maybe...

3. Whythat

Whythat Chieftain

I've had the opposite happen a few times as well. Last game I had the Egyptions declare war on me. I attacked their only city on my continent and the next thing I knew I had five Civ's declare on me. I had artillery and sunk nearly all of their ships before they landed but everyone really hated me at the end of the game.

4. Desertsnow

Desertsnow πr²

Not good for a Diplomatic win. And by Murphy's Law this will happen most often when the Diplomatic victory is your goal.

5. darski

darski Regent in Training

that is not a problem at all, at all. That is the one victory condition that I never allow on in my games. I truly, truly hate diplomacy and won't tolerate it in a game I play :p

:lol::lol::lol:

6. Whythat

Whythat Chieftain

I hate it when I forget to click off that little box.

7. Spoonwood

Spoonwood Grand Philosopher

I love the diplomatic victory. Then again, I like it even better when I get everyone's votes except for my opponent's vote.

8. Death_Machine

Death_Machine Slaytanic Warrior

You got me thinking on a similar issue. If I am a scumbag & betray the only other civ on my island & wipe them out before any AI ever even meets them, do I still get stuck with a bad rep for it?

9. Desertsnow

Desertsnow πr²

No, the other AI has to have known the betrayed civ before it is destroyed, so you're safe if they never get a chance to meet them.

10. michapr77

michapr77 Chieftain

X-post with Desertsnow