supreme ruler (cold war) was just released few days ago.

Mesopotamian

Warlord
Game looks very complex & i like extremely complex games
want to play it for a change (until new CIV patches & DLCs are released)

any thoughts, advice before i buy it ? specially from SR players if there is any (i imagine there would be as it is a strategy game)

I have it... very complex indeed. It's sort of a hybrid of HOI, Victoria and Civilization. It combines the complexity, real time and micromanaging of the former games with a hex-based (not province-basd) map of the world. The AI is pretty solid. I haven't really gotten much of a chance to play the game, just a couple months into it as the USSR... It's pretty fun, for sure. I'd recommend it, but you will immediately want to upgrade to 7.07 if you use win7 because loading a saved game will CTD without the patch.

I kept hearing that the game's AI couldn't handle the complexity of the game which dissuaded me from buying it when it was 10% off. :(

ATM there are still a lot of issues but the support seems to be good.
some bug quite common atm:
AI starts moving troops to strange locations via sea transport (German Tank divisions on some pacific islands... French troop in western Alaska aso)
Also the standard sea transport order sometimes just doesn't work (either the troops don't move at all or go to somewhere they shouldn't)
Also plenty of unit errata:
B-36 is /was way too powerful.
Many American strategic bombers can't carry nuclear weapons (e.g. B-47) and some soviet units seem to be not implemented (IIRC t-54)

Still I had a lot of fun to play the game till now as it is quite epic, but for my next game I gona wait for the next patch(es) to come out and fix the unit and transport issues.

Also a big issue for all newbies to the series: there is no such thing as a tutorial and it'S very hard to get into this game to play successfully.

I don't think I've ever heard of an AI that could fully handle the complexity of ANY strategy game on the same level as a competent human.

Supposedly Brad Wardell has done that with the Gal Civ games.

The T-54 exists, I was researching or building it just a day ago...

I got the game, i like it :)

Also a big issue for all newbies to the series: there is no such thing as a tutorial and it'S very hard to get into this game to play successfully.

true, never played a supreme game b4 cold war is 1st
i still have hard time dealing with the game, i am lurking relevant forums and learning from what other expert gamers say

this place is useful & i get most of my information from:
http://www.bgforums.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=60

still learning, not anywhere near good or even okay player
my nation always ends up in a horrible shape within less than a year :crazyeye:

Top Bottom