[GS] Surprisingly lost as Tamar to Jadwiga's Rock Bands on my way to Diplomatic Victory

So I was aiming for a Diplomatic Victory as Tamar of Georgia (her ability to double envoys in city-states with her majority religion should help in that). When I had about 11/20 DVP, all of a sudden I noticed Jadwiga was about to win a Culture Victory. What the heck, I thought, but it turned out her Rock Bands were to blame. I had one last hope to stop her by killing one of her Rock Bands - but was surprised to see it just returns to her closest city (similarly to a Great Person).
Anyway it was amazing how greatly Rock Bands can speed up a Culture Victory and how dangerous they can be. Jadwiga used her large amounts of faith to buy Rock Bands and I didn't take that into account thinking faith is mostly for Religious Victory, which I had under control.
Now I'm playing with the same civs on the same Small Continents small map (well, just a different seed), but this time I came down from Immortal to Emperor )

Last edited:
I also unexpectedly lost to a Roman culture victory powered by rock bands due to inattention. I was allied with Rome, and therefore couldn't even declare war once I realized they were only a few turns away from winning (one less turn than my science victory, in fact).

I loaded a save from a few turns earlier and used the policy card that prevents other players from entering your territory with Rock Bands at the expense of 1 amenity per turn in cities with greater than 10 population, I think its called music censorship. My science victory is on track, and Rome is now nowhere close to a culture victory.

Top Bottom