Survey, which unit graphics do you like best

seZereth

FfH´s art monk(ey)
This survey is not about which artist you like best or to praise our work, but it is about giving us the chance to learn and improve and in the end get more effective.

It should help us to get feedback, to analyze what style fits and what to avoid, what is unnecessary and were we did well and should keep on doing.

So, please give us the top three or top five or if you don´t like any, give us a feedback what we did wrong.
I want to know why you liked the art, what makes it your favorite, did you like the details, the colors, the style, the overall unit, the way it fits on its description or into the whole universe. Stuff like that. Stuff we can learn from :)

so, please, if you stop by, please take a minute and leave us a message.

thnx.

Spectre!

Bear riders were cool, wonder why were they removed?
Deer rider (Fyrdwell), Dwarven chariot, Lighting elemental... on top of my head

Spectre and Crusader the best units.
I also really like Paladin.

Spectre is undoubtedly one of the few units which i found really scary.The representation really fits what should be a Specter.
Crusader model is also perfect, it embodies so well what it should be.... a fanatic warrior, and the shield with the Order coat of arms was a piece of art.With Paladin i can say the same reasons valid for the Crusader, it just needs a shield.
What i really don't like but i'm not sure if it is the final model or not is the Baron, that werewolf hero doesn't look really good, and werewolves in generally could be done a bit better IMO and should be more different (Ravenous,Blooded,Greater).

I really appreciate shields which have religion or civilization coat of arms!

I've no Idea yet...
not played long enough, I always change version before going farther than Tier 2-3.

It was so difficult to resist answering first and do my 1st 2nd post... juste for saying I've no idea yet... :cry:

I have to say I was blown away by the creatures that emerged after I built the Sheaim planar gates and got along in the game. The Manticores and Minotaurs were outstanding. The Succubi.....mmmmmm!;)

I really like the art of my favorite civ to play as well - the Elohim. I love the Monks especially zipping around the board. I think the game needs more units with an Asian flavor...and not just because I am living in Thailand. :)

Also, the Balserphs have some very cool units too.

Finally, could you, um, get Moe, Larry and Curley to throw a few custard pies or something!:lol:

I've always wanted to ask this:

Why do the colors of my Paladins' capes keep changing. Sometimes blue, sometimes red, etc.???

Its connected with the fact, that the teamcolour is buggy with using one of the shaders (cant remember if it was the unitname_fx.nif or the standard unitname.nif shader version). So, normally they start out with the appropriate colour and after some time they change to red and stop displaying teamcolour, sadly.

Wow, that is hard to answer. There are so many outstanding ones. Instead of my favorite, I will tell you my least favorite. And it's not a qualtiy issue, but a "time" issue. The wolfpack attack animation drives me crazy. With the wolf-spam that we've seen so much of lately (which I'm not against by the way), when I have 1 or 2 strong units out in the middle of the wolf barrens it can take 10 minutes for my turn to end. Having EACH wolf in the pack attack individually just takes forever. My vote is to either get rid of the differentiation between the wolf and wolf pack or just re-do the animation of the pack to reduce the time cost. The other units that are used where they attack individually are okay to me, it's just the wolves because there are so many of them.

Thanks for listening.

Lots of fantastic unit art. My favorite is probably the Balseraph swordsmen. Whenever i play the Bals (which is rare) i bemoan the fact that their art if reserved for a unit i rarely see. I love the katanaesque swords.

- feydras

I liked the merrymen, I use to have tea parties with one but died recently :(, I also liked the Hippus Scout. Although if I had to chose it would have to be the Doviello Berserker :D

As far as entire sides go, hand's down it's the balseraphs for styling. I do have something of an insane clown preference though. :(

The best individual unit is either the infernal immortal, or the paladin. The national units for doviello are rather nice as well. Rather like the swashbuckler style lanun units as well, and most of the demonic units seem to fit well together, pyre zombies are a little too hot though.

Wow, that is hard to answer. There are so many outstanding ones. Instead of my favorite, I will tell you my least favorite. And it's not a qualtiy issue, but a "time" issue. The wolfpack attack animation drives me crazy. With the wolf-spam that we've seen so much of lately (which I'm not against by the way), when I have 1 or 2 strong units out in the middle of the wolf barrens it can take 10 minutes for my turn to end. Having EACH wolf in the pack attack individually just takes forever. My vote is to either get rid of the differentiation between the wolf and wolf pack or just re-do the animation of the pack to reduce the time cost. The other units that are used where they attack individually are okay to me, it's just the wolves because there are so many of them.

Thanks for listening.

You might want to consider the Quick Combat option. I liked watching the animations for awhile, but when you play a lot, the same ones get old, and, as you mentioned, it really slows the game down. :)

This may be offtopic but when you kill some units they fall to the ground and others just disappear? Why is that? It doesn't happen in AoI, only the main mod. Therefore, I don't think it's my graphics card. :confused:

I really, really like the dwarven warrior art. So cool, so shiny. The only problem I have sometimes is that the reskins don't "take" - sometimes the unit will revert to the basic default skin and I can't figure out why.

Tough choice - there's a wealth of incredible art, but I think my all time favorite unit is the Dwarven Hornguard unit because 1) the art is great, 2) the model is great; 3) it includes a new animal unit model, and 4) it is a unique fantasy concept.

I really, really like the dwarven warrior art. So cool, so shiny. The only problem I have sometimes is that the reskins don't "take" - sometimes the unit will revert to the basic default skin and I can't figure out why.

first, which dwarf do you mean, exactly?
And, second... it happens with frozen animations, because we never created (or were able to) freeze animations, this means while frozen, it reverts to standard unit art, while animating it should be actual unit art.
can you confirm this?

To answer the topic title, i most like the graphics of the mythical beasts inside ffh2. The dragons look really dangerous, the sea turtle as cumbersome as it should be, the giant spider really intimidating and the tar demons a swirling nightmare.
I really like this fauna, which I think adds a lot to the fantasy atmosphere.

I dont really like how elepahnts and lions and wolves, the regular beasts, are displayed, because they are too much "normal civ". Wouldnt it be possible to rename and/or replace them with more mytical creatures?

Top Bottom