1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

"Survivors" / Urban Crossbowmen

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Refar, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Refar

Refar Chieftain

Survivor Fighters with Crossbows ( <<< Link )

In 3 slightly different outfits to add some variety into the formation.
    Shader/Nonshader for each one
    Teamcolor (tho only a small spot on the wrist)
    Custom Animation (Based upon Firaxis Chokonu)

Made for the Fury Road Mod, where you can see them fighting along and against other postapocalyptic survivors.
    But feel free to use it as you please, as long as you give proper credit.

2. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

Looks cool. :goodjob: Like the new vest.

3. C.Roland

C.Roland FFH Art team member

Nice one again !

4. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Chieftain

I agree! The people are very realistic.

5. GeoModder

GeoModder Chieftain

You're churning these units out faster then Snafu ever did, Refar. :hatsoff:

Have you thought about a post-apocalyptic navy? I could do at least one suggestion. ;)

6. Refar

Refar Chieftain

Hmmm, there is no Navy in Fury Road yet... But if you have a good idea :D

7. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

I believe all post-apocalypse navies would probably look a lot like Industrial-Age to WWII warships! Just be sheer coincidence... perhaps more people should try making ships that look like that! :lol: :deal:

8. GeoModder

GeoModder Chieftain

Well, for the immediate aftermath of a collapse, perhaps this could be found roaming the coasts at first. :mischief:

9. aspower

aspower Chieftain

I love the variety on these crossbow men. Any hope on seeing a crossbow woman ala Road Warrior's Virginia Hey down the road? Probably a bit redundant, but might be good for different factions.

10. Refar

Refar Chieftain

I won't do a female crossbowman (at least not right now) but i will concider the generally good point for other units. A small problem is - we dont have namy female units in the game to use as base :(

11. GeoModder

GeoModder Chieftain

There are some unit classes (crossbow is one of them) which some artists made a female counterpart for. For the crossbow for instance it was the female settler.

12. Refar

Refar Chieftain

Yea i know, i used the female settler myself for a missionary. But i dont really like the female settler mesh for military - she's to skinny, and only so many clones of the same body are cool...

There is also the spy, and i think that was it all...

13. GeoModder

GeoModder Chieftain

How about that barmaid Chuggi (at least I think it was him) ported from Railroads? :mischief:

14. Refar

Refar Chieftain

Hmm that i don't know. Will go look for it.

15. seZereth

seZereth FfH´s art monk(ey)

I have created women for FfH II, just have a look at the svartalfars there, you should be able to import them to blender and redo what you need to.

16. Chuggi

Chuggi Espada

The woman from Pirates! I think was reboned by ploeporpengal... I don't think it suits civ style though and the poly count was high on it.

17. Refar

Refar Chieftain

I downloading FFH right now to take alook at seZereth svartfaaARHG (whatever :crazyeye:).
    EDIT: Ah i see... Drow... i thing i am going to scavenge a mesh there... Will have to gut the eart tho. Ouch.

Tha Woman fro Pirates! was the barmaid ? Then Chuggi is right - those are out of question due to polycount - they go more in the direction of leaderhead...

18. deadliver

deadliver Loud Mouth Amateur

Those look kinda like those chinese repeating crossbows, interesting thing about those is that that type of crossbow was used against the japaneses in WW2 by the chinese. They are cool.

19. Refar

Refar Chieftain

Its because those are those chinese repeating crossbows :p

Looking back i probably should have make him another more modern looking crossbow... Then again... a crossbow is a crossbow...

20. deadliver

deadliver Loud Mouth Amateur

Why so the chinese one would use less metal (nearly all completely wooden frame) with much high rate of fire. A modern crossbow is really more of a sniper weapon. I guess it depends on what their stats are. I have yet to play this mod yet cos I am in the middle of another one but this is definitely my next one.