sw10 - trenchcoats and the french resistance? training game

indeed, theryman!
thanx.
im having a very difficult time right now, with very little time to actually play (though i can lurk as much as i need too while at work)

play it from my last save (i played 4 turns or something)

sorry to see ya leave kulko.
see you on the flipside.

lurker's comment: @Theryman: SW's post with the save is on turn #290 from May 3, and the log and pics are right after that. :)

Edit: Um, that's post #290. I've been civing for the last 36 hours and can't type clearly. :p

Alright, I got two more turns to play. First, though, we need to talk.

We discovered gunpowder, and we do have saltpepper already hooked up. However, there is no cash to upgrgrade our pikes. Should I put scince on zero and upgrade them as I can? I think I should do this, sine we will get the Glib eventually.

If no one responds soon, I will.

Zero research, upgrade, take us into our GA.

Even at zero, we only get 33 GPT, and we only have enough gold to upgrade one pike right now. Guess I'll upgrade one near the front, and hope to get attacked.

What woul be our next research goal? After muskets all we can upgrade to is Rifles or Infantry. I think we're done researching at anything resembling a rapid pace.

Alrighty then, here goes:

Turn 4-When I got it, I saw some holes in the wall, but there was nothing I could do, so I end the turn.
IBT: Some celt longbowmen get themselves killed, and kill a couple of pikemen. 2:2 Also, a city on the island gets taken.

Turn 5- Army razes Alesia. 2:4 SSF kills a longbowmen. 2:5
IBT: A lot of bowmen die. 2:11
The Cavalry kills a pike. 3:11
Dutch cavalry on mainland, and the Russians land on the Isle.

Turn 6- Kill LB with MI, redline Cav. 3:12
IBT: 3 LB killed, one Cav killed, but 2 pikes and one MI lost, also. 6:16

Turn 7- MI gets killed by spear! Graagh! Luckily, OOI scores a win here. 7:17
IBT: Nothing, but the Celts have muskets! No!

Turn 8- RNG does not like me much.. the OOI kills a LB, SSF attacks San Fran, kills a pike and a spear, but there is still a LB left. Total is now 8:21. I also spy some new, brown border,s but I decide to remain isolated and turn around.
IBT: New ration is now 9:25. Also, gunpowder finishes, and we have saltpepper! [party]

Turn 9- Nothing happens, at all.
IBT: They hit hard. 14: 28. The island will not hold long, as there is only 1 spear defending the last city.

Turn 10- I raze San Fran, Rase Gergovia, and kill an MI. Final ratio is 15:32.

I think we should abandon the city on the island, just to keep the Dutch from taking it. No GA, though.

Also, turns are getting long. I say 5 per person. It will just be easier.

Attachments

• SW10_1050ad.SAV
    198.7 KB · Views: 56
Front looks good. Need to rotate in Muskets.

My worry would be cavs landed in the rear.

:devil:

lurker's comment: This is one of those spots where some interlocking fortresses with artillery would be a big help. If you can spare the workers and push the baddies back far enough to get the workers in there

looks mighty fine, Theryman :goodjob:

Soul warrior - did the turn before last
Boddah Khan - start our GA, will you?
JB - on deck
Ansar -
AK (+Igor) -
Theryman - got us hooked up

its 5 turns per set now.
its going to be a long slugfest :D

0 research for now, GA and try to expand a bit.
we could also hire a beakerhead somewhere if we have happy probs somewhere for that slow crawl up the tree.

@ bede - i REALLY wish we could have some rock throwers. they would make it much easier with fortresses. but we cant :( so fortresses alone will have to do.

Thanks for reviving this thread, Theryman!:goodjob:

The AI is scared about pike/musketeers on mountains on fortresses.:mischief:

Bede[delurk said:
This is one of those spots where some interlocking fortresses with artillery would be a big help. If you can spare the workers and push the baddies back far enough to get the workers in there[/delurk]

Per this twisted variant, arty is right out!

:devil:

lurker's comment: french musketeers might work too.

Who wants the save? i say we throw out the order until we get going again.

But yes, the mountains are roaded, so a few fortresses could help. I would build them on the left first, though, since I was hoping to push the right forwards a bit.

Top Bottom