Swamp may need fixing

kevinman4404

Lightning Warrior
Hey, I'm sorry if this is a person mistake or a mistake that's already been tended to, but in RFC you cannot draw a swamp in worldedit, because of the terrain not being with the flat terrains in art_defines and terrain_infos. It's a pretty glaring bug, if I didn't do something silly with the file.

And I don't have a problem with it, was easy enough to fix, just letting you know for future releases

Kevin

I'm not sure what you are saying really. But I do know that in order to make the swamp terrain look right, you need to first place the swamp tile, then put the swamp resource on top of that tile.

I don't remember why (Rhye made some post explaining it way back when, something about hard coded terrain limits), but I'm hoping it helps.

Well, I'm not having any problems and its fixed (maybe I wrecked it in the first place). It used to show up as an upsidedown mountain.

And yep I know the placement- that shallow swamp water, then the invisible part that adds the data to it, then the grassy swamp bonus.

Random thought: why can't we put Forest Preserves on swamps? Gotta Save the Wetlands!!! And grants a very slight boost. Would be nice. Too unbalancing?

Well, I'm not having any problems and its fixed (maybe I wrecked it in the first place). It used to show up as an upsidedown mountain.

And yep I know the placement- that shallow swamp water, then the invisible part that adds the data to it, then the grassy swamp bonus.

I can't figure it out. I get the upsidedown mountain as well trying to place the Swamp. Do you remember what you changed?

Top Bottom