Swap units?

jlambvo

Chieftain
Did they not implement the ability to have two adjacent units with movement points trade places? I just got into an incredibly frustrating moment with a line of bottlenecked units assuming this was possible. Am I missing something?

You can swap units. I did it in my game just a minute ago. But it is possible that the new movement system requires that both units have full movement points to make the swap.

Odd, but thanks for the reply. I had two warrior units with 2 movement points each, and when I attempt to move one onto the other, the tile is just highlighted red. Is it potentially not allowed on hills or something, or is there another way to do this in the interface?

Had this happen with a Builder and Settler last night... On Reddit someone was saying that it only affects civilian units, but I'm not sure if that's true or not. I tried the command like 8 times to be sure (with both units), so it's not just the interface being its usual clunky self.

Update, I've since been able to do it under other circumstances. When it didn't work, both units were on hill and/or forest tiles so maybe there was something with the movement cost calculation.

Update, I've since been able to do it under other circumstances. When it didn't work, both units were on hill and/or forest tiles so maybe there was something with the movement cost calculation.
I just had it happen again, too, with a warrior and archer. Both were on hill tiles and iirc the other one was in a city.

Top Bottom