Swapping Works of Art?

Aedra

Chieftain
What are the advantages of swapping works of art with the AI? I always figured it was bad because I would be losing the consistancy of having all the same works by the same artist so I always refused out of a caution of necessity figuring having a theme might be optimal but I'm starting to think I've been making a mistake. Or am I mistaken and there is no benefits to trading works of art for another?

I only ever swap if it helps me get closer to a theme.

Honestly I hate their design, Civ 5's was WAY more superior and WAY more fun.

Plus I hate the Spy's ability o steal since you have NO control over what you steal.

But yeah, in order to theme a museum you have to have work of the same type (Religious, Portrait, Landscape or Sculpture) by 3 different artists.

what about works of writing and music? How do you theme that?

Trading for theming art is practically required. You get 3 of the same artist and so does everyone else.

What are the advantages of swapping works of art with the AI? I always figured it was bad because I would be losing the consistancy of having all the same works by the same artist so I always refused out of a caution of necessity figuring having a theme might be optimal but I'm starting to think I've been making a mistake. Or am I mistaken and there is no benefits to trading works of art for another?
I believe the swapping of a great work it only work to liberate a slot of an specific type of great work that u want. Got it?

I have culture victory turned off, but the AI constantly asks for trades involving art, and some are direct swaps. At least they are initiating trade more than they used to, and it's usually a fair deal.

Trading art is hell. The fact that ERA doesn't show in the trade window annoys me more than it should. Whoever designed the user interface obviously doesnt play the game.

Honestly I hate their design, Civ 5's was WAY more superior and WAY more fun.

Trading art is hell. The fact that ERA doesn't show in the trade window annoys me more than it should. Whoever designed the user interface obviously doesnt play the game.

This so very much. I don't have as many issues with the UI as some people do, but this is just down right bad. And they had a perfectly working system in their previous game.

I also regularly have the AI wanting to trade writing for writings...

This so very much. I don't have as many issues with the UI as some people do, but this is just down right bad. And they had a perfectly working system in their previous game.

I also regularly have the AI wanting to trade writing for writings...

Well, to be fair, Era has no bearance on anything as far as I know

In order to theme Art works, they have to come from different aritsts

In order to theme Artefacts, they have to be of the same era and different culture.

But each Artefact Era has it's own set of design so th at's easy to determine.

Not sure about origin though

Hence why I use CQUI.

Yes, the relevant info should certainly show on a tooltip in the trade window.

As it is now you usually need to trade for something to see what it is. Jumping in and out of the trade screen. Fortunately, the AI is pretty good about trading 1 to 1, so you can turn around and trade it back for the next option.

I would hope they hold on to stuff that they have themed, but I haven't verified that.

Top Bottom