SWE02:El juego de la sucesión cuatro Sueco

Silverblade

Lord of Vikings
SWE02

SWE02:El juego de la sucesión cuatro Sueco

This is the second Succession game for a bunch consisting of Only Swedes. It's been a while since the last time now. But this round we welcome a new member to SWE02; Wetterlind (really nice that you have decided to join our little group). Already after SWE01 was completed we knew what our next civ should be - The Vikings.

Civilization - Vikings
Size - Standard
Opponents - 6
Map - Random
Barbarians - Roaming
Level - Emperor
Version - Play The World 1.14f, unmodded
Victory Conditions - All enabled

All rounds are a maximum of 15 turns (this will probably be reduced to 10 a bit into the game). 24 hours for got it and a further 48 hours to play. If anyone has a problem to play his round, please notify a member of the SWE-team (preferible as soon as humanily possible).

The henchmens consists of
Silverblade - is that made of silver?
Major Guevara - one tricky nick, let's call him Major
GreyFox - the civaddict
Wetterlind - the professor

Since GF started a nice tradition the first time we have this succession game. I'm also gonna do the same, to play 20 turns to get this one going for a while.

Will post the save-file and log after I've played the first 20 turns. But remeber the next rounds 15 will be the limit, unless we agree on anything else.

Goodluck to all of us.

The first round

4000 BC - Trondheim founded, set production to a warrior, researches Masonary

3950 BC - Begins construction of road from the capital to nearby whine, conducting some scouting

3900 BC - scouting

3850 BC - scouting

3800 BC - road complete to bring wines into our capital

3750 BC - warrior completed, settler production started

3700 BC - scouting, some road construction

3650 - scouting, some road construction

3600 - scouting, some road construction

3550 BC - scouting, some road construction

3500 BC - our culture is expanding

3450 BC - scouting

3400 BC - our scout found a deserted village

3350 BC - scouting, irrigation near the capital

3300 BC - scouting

3250 BC - scouting

3200 BC - scouting, more road near the capital

3150 BC - scouting

3100 - scouting

3050 BC - our first settler leaves the capital,the scouting pays off, in a deserted village a tribe teaches us the secret of Ceremonial Burial

3000 BC - Bergen is founded, north of the capital

Tip to next player: the worker should be irrigate the tile is standing on, the scout in the north keep him there, there's a new scout being produced in the capital that will go to the west, try to get more settlers, well not so much in the begining here.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/SWE02_3000BC.SAV

2950 BC- Traded warrior code, pottery and 82 gold for the Alphabet whit the spaniards and traded Alphabet and Warrior Code for Bronze working and Masonary and 2 gold whit the Iroquis. Got 25 gold from a goody hut.
2900 BC- Nothing much...
2850 BC- Moved the scout a bit to the south-west and found a chartage warrior.
2800 BC- Finixhed scout in Trondheim, settler started.
2750 BC- Warrior finished in Bergen, scout started. Got a map in a goody hut.
2710 BC- Road completed near Bergen.
2670 BC- Nothing much...
2630 BC- Nothing much...
2590 BC- Found a deserted village.
2550 BC- Got 25 gold from a goody hut. Scout finished in Bergen, Settler started.
2510 BC- Lost a scout to a barbarian attack! Got a map in a goody hut.
2470 BC- Got the wheel from a goody hut :).
2430 BC- Nothing much...
2390 BC- Settler in Trondheim, Spearman started.
2350 BC- Nothing much...
2310 BC- Nothing much...
2270 BC- Dyes connected, Shanty town founded.

It seems like I played 17 turns instead of 15, sorry about that I must have been carried away :p

Tips to the next player:
Umh...build a road to Shanty Town and then mine some. But otherwise there is not much to say. Explaore, settel, trade, you know the drill. :)

the file: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/Swe02_2270_BC.SAV

Pre-turn:
Vetoed the spears in Trondheim for a warrior. Do we really need quality units before we have a barrack?

I suppose we are running a min-science race for writing, but then why are taxes at 30%? Taxes changed to 9.1.0.

Turn 1: 2230 BC - Mining near capitol.

Turn 2: 2190 BC - Warrior completed in Trondheim. It's sent towards Bergen to guide the settler due next turn. I order a granary in Trondheim.

Turn 3: 2150 BC - Bergen completes settler, start warrior. I bought a worker from Isabelle, she had 2 for sale ... and we badly need them. I think she is under a lot of barb pressure.

Turn 4: 2110 BC - Nothing.

Turn 5: 2070 BC - Shanty Town completes a warrior, starts worker.

Turn 6: 2030 BC - Nothing.

IT: Our scout in N observes as the Madrid spears defeats something... barbs?

Turn 7: 1990 BC - Nothing.

Turn 8: 1950 BC - Bergen completes warrior, starts worker. Warrior is sent to Trondheim. Reykjavik is founded and starts to train a worker.

Turn 9: 1910 BC - Nothing.

Turn 10: 1870 BC - Shanty Town completes worker, starts warrior.

Turn 11: 1830 BC - Worker moves...

Turn 12: 1790 BC - Nothing.

Turn 13: 1750 BC - Nothing. :sleep:

Tips to next player: there might be a small trading opportunity now...

The game: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/SWE02_1750BC.SAV

The world of today:

umh... what are the dots for? If its city-spots its way to far apart. We need a dense building-pattern especialy now that it seems as Chartage and Spain is blocking us in the north (wel'll take them later :)).

FRÖLUNDA!!! :D :goodjob: :love: :lol: :bday: [party] :lol: ...Ok, I'm calm now :)

First of all, I would like to start with congratulating Major for Frölundas victory.

Now let's get down to buissness. It could be pretty interesting if we could make it to build cities around Reykjavik (before Carthage does so). This in order to block out our opponent.

I also agree with Major that we should place our cities quite tight. If we don't do that we will not get very many cities.

Otherwise this is going pretty ordinary, no big surprises yet.

Dense core, sure ... but then we need a lot (two, one in Trondheim and one in Bergen) of granaries to produce those settlers without to much of a slow-down.

Do we? I don't build that many granaries in my games. But on the other hand we can get 5 luxuaries (quite easily) so our cities can grow quite big. I guess Trondheim will get a granery and I think we can do whit just one settler factory. Remember brothers, we are a militaristic civ. Why settel new cities when we can capture the enemies? :). Maybe we should talk about this though. Should we go for a conquest or domination victory? Or a more peacefull victory? What do you think? Oh, and one more thing, should we skip GF this turn (i.e Silver plays this afternoon and I play tonight :))?

Yeah, that's about it, now im away to carrie a sofa :).

I'm just replying to the subject of skipping GreyFox this turn.

Hasen't he showned up onlie on ICQ before 17:00 local time (GTO+1), I'm gonna play my second round.

Since there where no objections against the turn skipping of GreyFox. I will no play round 2!

Pre-turn orders: Change production in Bergen to settler production

1725 BC - Scouting

1700 BC - Warrior completed in Shanty Town, begins construction of road near Trondheim, irrigation of flood-plains just outside Begen is completed, lost a scout due to barbarians

1675 BC - scouting

1650 BC - Trondheim completes Granary, production goal set to settler in same town, the Iroquois are building the Colossus

1625 BC - not much..

1600 BC - road construction, darn Bergen suffers from disease due to the surrounding flood plains, no point in continue building settler in that town for now, changed production to spearmen

1575 BC - worker management

1550 BC - some irrigation is completed

1525 BC - settler in Trondheim is completed, a new settler in 8 turn, no two settlers in 8 turns (Shanty Town also joins our settling frency), but it will probably go faster in the capital becasue it's growing

1500 BC - Spanish requests an audience, they want to trade Mysticism for 80 gold, we deny (don't need it yet)

1475 BC - writing is a tech avaible to us now, establish embassies for a total of 114 gold, Carthega has 2 luxuries, Spain 1 luxury, they also have 77 turns left on the oracle, Iroquois has no luxories and 27 turns left on the colossus

1450 BC - not much...

1425 BC - road construction to the south of the capitol

1400 BC - worker management

1375 BC - settler in captil is finished

1350 BC - placing settler into position

1325 BC - settler in Shanty Town is completed, Stockholm is founded

Tip to next player: The 2 workers east of Reykjavik should be construting road on the tile they are standing on, the settler that's being constructed in Bergen shold head up to those 2 workers and build a town in the vicinity. Though it's crusial that we get access to the luxories in that area with that city. The settler in the south who is heading out from Shanty Town should settle some on the tile east from where he's standing now (I think it's auto-move to that tile)

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/SWE02_1325_BC.SAV

1300 BC- Started constructing the road Silver had asked for.
1275 BC- Moved the Shanty town-settler one tile south.
1250 BC- Funky Kingston founded.
1200 BC- Two settlers and one warrior completed. Stockholm begin contsruction of a settler.
1175 BC- Nothing much...
1150 BC- Toots Town founded.
1125 BC- Warrior completed in funky kingston, worker started. Worker completed in Reykjavik, Settler started.
1100 BC- Sailin On founded.
1075 BC- Oslo builds granary, settler started. Shanty Town completes a spearman, settler started.
1050 BC- Literature researched, Iron working started.
1025 BC- Trondheim builds a settler, the Great Library started. It may be a little late for starting a wonder but since noone has the Pyramids yet I figured that we night be up against some slow AI civs :)
1000 BC- Funky Kingston builds worker, barracks started. A settler is sent out from Bergen block the chartage expansion... And get some Ivory. Salamanca builds the Colossus.
975 BC- Broadway Jungle founded, we now have horsies :)
950 BC- Hannibal comes to me demanding that I give him Literature. "Ha! he is bluffing!" I thought... well, lets just say: he wasent :). We are now at war whit Chartage. For the fair prize of 140 gold Spain would join us in the war against chartage, a military alliance is signed. That will keep Hannibal busy (I hope :)).
I still made some changes to counter any chartage attack: Reykjavik and Begen changed production from settlers to spearmen and the settler that was one his way to block chartage is sent down towords the south. Also this turn: Toots town builds warrior, barracks started, we also have Incense now :).

Tips from me to you:
We will soon have iron working. I suggest that we hook up any Iron we can see and begin building some swordsmen but I dont think we should attack any chartage cities...yet :). just lay low until we are stronger. The settler and warrior are on auto-move so no point in messing whit them (unless you want them to go somewhere elese of course).

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/Swe02-950BC.SAV

Whooaa war with Carthage.

It might be a better idea to halt our plans to get iron into our cities. Based on two points.
1) Faster to build warriros
2) The built warriors can later be upgraded to swordsmen

I don't know what you other guys think about that suggestion. So what shall we do, connect the iron or build many warriors (to upgrade later)?

taken a look at our defences latly have we? The alliance whit Spain is a bit of a gamble, Chartage might go for them or they might load all of their Nubian Mercenaries at us! We have no time and no money to begin constructing a bunch of warriors to upgrade. Besides we allready have quite alot of warriors right now. Thats what I think :)

Turn 1: 925 BC – Oh, I’m so good :), people really love me! I get to expand our nice palace. Oslo completed settler, starts spearman. Worker moves...

IT: An Anasazi horseman barb killed our scout up north. Carthaginian warriors are closing in on Reykjavik...

Turn 2: 900 BC – Iron making complete. I decide to go for Code of Laws (in 9). Reinforcement is sent to Reykjavik from Bergen (left unprotected). Funky Kingston is apparently placed on a source of iron(y).

Turn 3: 875 BC – Reinforcement arrives in Reykjavik. I whip up a swordsman in Reykjavik :whipped:.

IT: Hannibal loses 2 warriors trying to take Reykjavik. He fortifies
the 3:rd in the mountains. The Babylonians builds the pyramids.

Turn 4: 850 BC – Reykjavik starts temple. Oops: one of our warriors bumps into a Carthaginian settler protected by a mercenary and a warrior west of Oslo. Our settler halts in a safe position.

IT: The Carthaginian warrior attacks our warrior … and loses! The mercenary and the settler walk into the fog.

Turn 5: 825 BC – Oslo completes spearman, starts another. Shanty Town completes settler, starts another (oh, whatever). Hareid founded.

IT: Hannibal loses it and attacks Reykjavik with his last warrior. It loses, of course.

Turn 6: 800 BC – Funky Kingston completes barrack, starts swordsman. Molde founded.

Turn 7: 775 BC – Our swordsman wins a fight and is promoted! :)

Turn 8: 750 BC – Monkey Man Town completes barracks, starts spearman. Oslo completes spearman, starts another.

Turn 9: 725 BC – A warrior gets promoted while disposing of a barb camp. :lol:

IT: Mercenaries walking towards Reykjavik :eek:.

Turn 10: 710 BC – Completes code of laws, starts philosofy :)undecide: ).

Anyting is vetoable, of course.

Tips/info: Trondheim will soon need attention if we are to get the Great Library. Shanty Town should probably build something else. The Carthaginian town of Cirta is most likely guarded by a (single)mercenary.

Swe02-710BC.SAV

I thought I re-named Monkey Man town to Toots Town...oh, whatever . Anyway, good playing Wetterlind. Maybe its time to go on the offensive soon.

OK, I looked at the game now and here is the deal: we have 11 warriors and 287 gold to upgrade whit. IIRC a warrior cost 40 gold to upgrade, a quick count shows that we need more money.
We have Philoshopy in 4 turns and sci-rate at 90% (shrinking whit 2gpt). We have to lower the sci-rate (IMHO of course :)) we could do that after we have phil. and reasearch republic at a low rate to get the money needed. Iroquios need 247 gold and a WM to go to war against chartage, if the situation gets critical we can always do that. Citra, Cadiz and Hippo should be razed/taken (that's basicly our land!) and I don' think it that would be too hard. Any thoughts? And how is GF btw?

Top Bottom