1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SWE02:El juego de la sucesión cuatro Sueco

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by Silverblade, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Grey Fox

Grey Fox Master of Points

Got the game! :D

2. Grey Fox

260 AD
    We are revolting! 4 Turns left...

280 AD
    The Iroquois are building the Sun Tzu's Art of War.

300 AD
    We are now a republic. :)
    The Carthaginians Finishes the Hanging Gardens.

310 AD
    Traded Horses, our WM and 98 Gold to Spain for Currency. (Our economy needs a boost).
    Building Marketplaces all over our core.

320 AD
    :( Forgot to trade the world map to everyone else... well, doesn't matter.

390 AD
    Settled the city Foxbay, on the coast near Cartaghe.

400 AD
    The people love me!

Stopped at 420 AD, don't know how many turns I played. But our economy is better now. We are a republic and we are making about 100/Gpt.
    We need 100 Gpt per each Archer upgrade, unless we get Leo's. Which would be great.
    I think we have 26 or something archers at the moment...
    If we are going to do an amphibious invasion we will need some boats aswell. Think about that...
    Let's buy the techs we need.

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/SWE02-420AD.SAV

3. Silverblade

Silverblade Lord of Vikings

Next player in line would be me I guess.

Will play tomorrow.

4. Silverblade

430 AD - Worker manengment

440 AD - see above,

450 AD - Marketplace completed in Shanty Town, sets new production to archer

460 AD - Colosseum completed in Oslo, Aqueduct completed in Man Town, a new laaaarge project is launched in Molde (these days it's know as Motala)

470 AD - Västra Frölunda completes Temple,contacted the Carthagians and conducted some trading horsebackriding vs. WM and 82G

480 AD - traded polytism for 195G with Iroquois, we now have map making (though it did cost us 210G at some rouge spanish royalty how was willing to give up his nations deep tech secrets for some gold)

490 AD - Colosseum completed in Trondheim

500 AD - Funky Kingston completes Aqueduct and Hareid complets Marketplace

510 AD - Not much...

520 AD - Broadway Jungle complets Marketplace, Feudalism vs 395G+horses with Spain, with Iroquois Engineering vs. 666G (pure diabolic trading)

I halted my turn here, don't ask me why :confused:

Anyway keep up our gold and don't build too many archers, we have quite a few now.

Good luck to Old Major who is next in line. :D

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/Swe02_520AD.SAV

5. Major Guevara

Major Guevara OldMajor

6. Major Guevara

Major Guevara OldMajor

Pre- Turn. Changed an entertainer in Trondheim to a scientist. We now get Invention in 40 turns in stead of... never. :)

530AD- Temple in Karasjok, pikeman started. I decided to invest in some quality defence, pikeman started in Trondheim (in stead of archer).
    - I have a plan!
    - Lysande Major!
    - Of course!
    The plan is: Found a city in a gap between our border and the chartage. And why you ask. Because, I answear, then the chartage only source of iron will fall in our territory! I'm gonna steal their iron right under their noses! :mwaha: .
    I changed production in Stockholm from Archer to Settler (I allways wanted to get rid of some of thouse 08orna anyway :p)

540AD- Got a bunch of archers, changed to library in all cities except in Shanty Town where our first harbor was started.

550AD- Stockholm builds a settler, pikeman started.

560AD- Temple in Perfect Peace Town, pikeman started. Haraeid builds a longship (or, if you like, a galley) starts a new one. The longship is sent towards Foxbay (poor bastards :p)

570AD- As Maytal Town is founded the trap springs on the chartaginians! We now controls the iron mines of the mountain. As the noble men that we are we sell "our" iron back to Hannibal for the small prize of their WM, 3gpt and 15gold... Oh, I almost forgot: we got Invention too :D . Also this turn: some troop movements and worker actions...

580 AD- An aqueduct is completed in Bergen. Changed the palace in Oslo to Leos workshop (32 turns). I don't think we'll get it :( . But, a closer look at the F7 screen shows that the other town building Leos workshop is Theveste, a chartage town just a few miles from the viking border! I think we all know what that means :mwaha:

590 AD- Our first harbor is completed in Shanty Town, Berserk started :) . Changed from pikeman to berserk in Trondheim.

600 AD- Motala riots! I took care of it by placing some peasants dressed as entertainers on the market square. A pikeman completed in Stockholm, berserk started.

610 AD- Barracks completed in Västra Frölunda, Pikeman started. I decided to investigate Theveste to see how Leos workshop is going. Oh! Chartage will get leos in... 82 turns! :) Chartage has 2 saltpeter, 1 iron and 1 horse sources. 108 gold and 5 luxuaries. The bonus trade in a desert square near Thevaste shows that one of the saltpeter source must be near Thevaste. The garrison consist of 2 Numidian Mercenaries.

620 AD- A new longship completed in Hareid, temple started. Started berserkers in a bunch of cities.

630 AD- Hiawata comes to me asking for our WM. I said: "Throw in 6 gold and you got a deal". And so he did :).
    Some workers working...

Yep, that's it. We have a few things to talk about. Or one thing maybe: the invasion of chartage. Are we going to wait for Leos workshop to be completed before upgrading our Archers? Whit the money we got now (about 2000) we can get 20 berserkers besides those we are building. What do you think?

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/Swe02_630_AD.SAV

7. Silverblade

Really good work young padawin, ehh I mean Major :D

I.M.O we should wait some more time before launching the full frontal attack.

8. Major Guevara

Major Guevara OldMajor

The thing is the longer we wait the stronger Chartage will be. They allready got Gunpowder you know...

9. Grey Fox

Yeah, I think we should prepare for an attack as soon as possible.

Find their Saltpeter if they have any, and do some smart attacks.

10. Major Guevara

Major Guevara OldMajor

One is near Theveste (as I said in my post), I have no idea where the other is.

11. Wetterlind

Wetterlind Master of the Obvious

Got it!

(Ok. I know - "it's about bloody time...")

12. Wetterlind

And now I've played. Will post once I get home from work.

13. Major Guevara

Major Guevara OldMajor

You play Civ3 at work?

14. Wetterlind

Nope. I did'n have time to post it this morning.

(If I hade Civ3 here at work, nothing would be done but plaing that game)

15. Wetterlind

After a bit of server problems:

Pre-turn:
    Moved a lot of archers.

1: Vetlanda completed barrack, starts temple.

2: Ok, we really need do use our military advantage while it lasts. I decide we need a war plan: I upgrade 21 archers to berserkers. It doesn't feel very "vikingish" but I say we take on Cartage on foot. The galleys are too few and to feeble to do us any good.

3: Movin', movin' movin' (archers that is).

4: Motala finished Forbidden City, starts berserker... Moving berserkers into hostile territory.

5: War is upon us! The weak foe must be destroyed! Any man that dies in battle will go to Valhalla and feast among the gods! More mushroom to the people :D

..and we enter our golden age. Hippo belongs to us!

6: Reykjavik produces a temple, starts... well something. Broadway finishes lib, start aqueduct. We mysteriously lose a berserker... and then Cirta is ours. And Sulcis.

7: And now has Oea joined our g(l)orious nation! We prepare for an attack on Cartage...

8: Preparations...

9: More preparation. Damn! Healing is slow!

10: The attack on (the city of) Cartage turns into a bloodbath as 9 berserkers and 7 musketmen are greeted by the Valkyries (sp?). A Pyrrhic victory perhaps, but (the city of) Cartage is now a part of our nation.

11: Nora has joined the Viking nation (but we lost 2 swords and a berserker).

12: Troop movement...

13: More troop movement

14: Yhee-ha - we get our first leader Healfdene! Leptis Minor falls to our mighty army. Cartage is launching a counter attack and mounting a lot of forces close to Theveste. Forces have landed close to Foxbay.

15: Utica falls to our raving Viking berserkers! :hammer: All approaching forces (except one mercenary close to Rusicade) are annihilated. We're closing in on Theveste. We have 49 berserkers! :viking::viking::viking:. Let them do the talking!

We need to get education and banking quite soon. Once Cartage is destroyed we have enough land to win. But if it pleases us we could take Spain as well (so don't sell them any techs).

Use the Chariots as guards in newly conquered cities to quell resisting labourers. There are a few Carthaginian ships in our waters to keep an eye on. We have plenty of $$$. Don't spend it all at once, but do make good use of it!
    The save file - SWE02-770AD.SAV

16. Major Guevara

Major Guevara OldMajor

:goodjob: well done brother! I say the leader should build our FP somewhere in Chartage (you didn't write what you did whit him so I assume you didn't use him for something).

17. Wetterlind

No, I felt that using the leader was a team decision.

Oh :blush: the FP got completed early in my turn (if I recall correctly). But the palace can be moved... We have a palace as pre-build, as we missed both possible wonders. We need to buy some techs to allow us to build some other wonder.

Damn, you shouldn't take notes while being tired. :crazyeye:

18. Major Guevara

Major Guevara OldMajor

Oh yeah, we allready built the FP... I must have forgot...

19. Silverblade

I got the game, will play today.

Ohhh yeah 500 posts :king:

20. Major Guevara

Major Guevara OldMajor

Spammer :p