1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Sweden Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jan 15, 2019.

1. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

There's this early game CV strategy that Sweden should make even more potent.
    Spoiler Early game CV strategy :
    Boyan Sun.jpg

Spoiler Sweden Tourism Double for Early CV :
    SwedenTheming.jpg

And then there's the mid and late game where their bonuses start to shine for the more standardized form of game play. Taken in their aggregate, I feel the bonuses are OP. The UI that provides tourism for instance added to the theming culture double will get to T3 and T4 governments quick. Also leads you to International Space Station (+10% science per suzerain).

Disclaimer: Any comments are generally more applicable (but not strictly limited to) large and very large maps, deity level, habitual warmongering, moderate finish times, standard (or slower) game speeds, and a build oriented, non-project, somewhat relaxed playstyle. The games I tend to enjoy playing.

bbbt likes this.
  2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Just realized that you can put National History Museum in the same city- and of course Reyna (though this promotion is moving to Pingala), the tourism yield from this one city will be insane. You could possibly get a cultural victory from one city alone on lower levels.

3. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Is there any indication of more great people being added in GS? I like playing with higher numbers of civs, and it seems that by the renaissance, we're often chasing modern great people, especially when certain civs are in the game. If the great people also become rewards, that will make the situation even worse.

nzcamel likes this.
  4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

You would think there would be more, the way the Nobel Prize competition spits them out like skeeball tickets.

nzcamel, CPWimmer, shaglio and 10 others like this.
  5. Buthera

Buthera Chieftain

Sorry for jumping the gun! Because of all the nasty comments I've seen about Kristina I immediately got defensive. :) I'd say there would be different animators and 3d artists who'd probably put their hands up to do characters they're most excited to work on, the enthusiasm definitely comes out in some leaders more than others.

6. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

Are artifacts counted as Great Works?

7. bbbt

bbbt Deity

Wow, on a maxed on huge map with 20 players, that means at least 10 great artists and 5 great engineers awarded from the competition. And that's not even considering modded out maps.

8. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

From the wording, I believe that they can theme relics in wonders?

If people still remember the Kongo reliquaries bug (which gave 1000+ fpt off 5 relics due to theming in the palace) then chances are you could go relicquaries with them and do the same thing.

9. Steamboat Willem

Steamboat Willem Warlord

It's quite convenient that that promo moves to Pingala, because now you have both double Great People Points and double tourism on the same governor. And both science per pop and culture per pop. Spamming every wonder that has 2 or more slots plus the Oracle in a virtual one city challenge might be a strategy if you have a nice starting location.

10. Zaarin

Zaarin Diplomatic Attaché to Londo Mollari

Yes, but the fact that she converted suggests she wasn't a very good Protestant. :p We're a bit lacking in the devout Protestant department, and Sweden was kinda the obvious choice for that. :p

I hope they've changed Eleanor. She looked like Barbie in the leaked screenshot. Which I guess would match our resident melted Ken Doll, Alexander. :p

I have a feeling that Dom Satan doesn't get along with anyone. That feeling is backed by experience. :p

Now I wish she were wearing a red trenchcoat and fedora. "Avez-vous vu une femme en rouge?" :mischief:

I always build it because it's more convenient than building Art Museums. :p

nzcamel and TahamiTsunami like this.
  11. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

I am looking forward to learning if I can take divine spark, warmonger, annex everyone's districts, then vote myself Nobel Peace Prizes :crazyeye: and gain even more favor by recruiting the free great people.

12. Equilin

Equilin King

Ironically i can see a multiplayer game with Sweden teaming up with Russia for CV pairing.

13. pgm123

pgm123 Emperor

I think it works a bit for the warmongerers (Alexander, Montezuma, Genghis, Harald), but in a bit of an indirect way that I'm not sure was intentional.

14. pgm123

pgm123 Emperor

It seems they keep picking Catholics after the Reformation. Ed does love the wars of religion, but he seems to be picking one side.

Zaarin likes this.
  15. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

Not to derail the thread with an off topic discussion but this seems false. Teddy, Vicky, Curtin and Wilhelmina all seem like Protestant leaders to me - the post-Reformation Catholics are Catherine, Philip and Pedro (and potentially the leader of Canada).

nzcamel likes this.
  16. Sekou

Sekou Chieftain

Firaxis really bringing it this expansion .

Inca, Sweden, Maori, Musa I can easily see myself wanting to play often. R&F didn't bring the oomph, in this regard, for me anyway . YMMV and that's what makes Civ so great.

17. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

i wonder who is the best culture so far Sweden or Maori?

18. Sotof

Sotof Chieftain

To be fair there's like no eye candy women in the game at the moment while there's like... At least 4 men that serve that purpose more or less. Honestly I don't like that they made a leader like Amanitore obese, while they could've made her slightly overweight but still attractive. But that's just preference, I suppose.

19. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

Given some of the people who have been awarded the real life Peace Prize, this seems like a reasonable enough strategy.

nzcamel, Zaarin and Siptah like this.
  20. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

But is there a live stream?