[GS] Sweden Discussion Thread

Helan går!

As a Swede, I'm really happy about this actually. Also, I believe the real world Kristina was viewed as "ugly" and even manly (or at least not feminine) from what I can remember.

Jeez, that Carolean... Fortify it in a fort and play WWI trench warfare until, probably nukes... or GDR, if they will ever have time to come under such cultural prowess. So, defunct British Museum comes back in Sweden with double vengeance... It will be interesting to see a cultural deathmatch including Canada, Sweden and Russia :popcorn:

Strange she gets bonuses towards filling Great Work Slots, but no bonuses towards generating Great WAMs themselves.

The Nobel Prize is something that I feel like will need some more explanation. Sure, the extra GP points are nice for those two districs, and diplomatic favor from great people means this is a real threat of a diplomatic civ, but will the Nobel Prize be too advantageous for other civs in the game? Does it help Sweden at all? I'm curious to see on the stream, because I feel like there needs to be more context for me to be more excited about this one.
The Peace price have strong synergy with Swedens UA and I suspect that will be the case for the others as well.

Strange she gets bonuses towards filling Great Work Slots, but no bonuses towards generating Great WAMs themselves.
Nobel price helps here.

Seems like another well-designed civ.

Yup. Bonuses to Culture, Science and Diplomacy but not overpowered bonuses, Sweden sounds like a fun Civ to play as. The Open-Air museum giving you bonus culture from each variant of biome in your city encourages expanding to places you mightn't consider doing. (which is good IMO) Plus the bonus loyalty from the Open-Air museum could be handy.

Better than i expected (meaning Civ design) ... really like colors and that uniqu unit - really strong ... Loyalty increase by that thing they build is huge plus, because i think none other Civ have something similar -- to improve loyalty with Civ bonus (Mapuche can decrease it at thats it if I remember right)

With Sweden and Canada in game you could just put your weapons aside

Wow, getting awarded great people for the Nobel prize. Do we know if they are adding any more great people to the game? Sometimes they can go quite quickly depending on who is in the game.

So this is basically the Museum Civ. Not that I'm complaining.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-15 um 16.12.47.jpg

Swedish Palace

The Nobel Prize is something that I feel like will need some more explanation. Sure, the extra GP points are nice for those two districs, and diplomatic favor from great people means this is a real threat of a diplomatic civ, but will the Nobel Prize be too advantageous for other civs in the game? Does it help Sweden at all? I'm curious to see on the stream, because I feel like there needs to be more context for me to be more excited about this one.

I think it might work something like the "disaster aid" even works. Everyone has a contest and gets a prize but then in the end Sweden gets something out of it too.

I was leaning towards Sweden getting that unique governor. Guess it's likely the Ottomans now who get it?
Yes, that's the only thing that's disappointing for me with this civ - I hope for Oxenstierna. But not much to complain here, solid design, will be fun to play.

The Peace price have strong synergy with Swedens UA and I suspect that will be the case for the others as well.

Nobel price helps here.
You're right; the more I think and read the more I like it. I just want a good demonstration. I will probably play them pretty quickly though.

Well...she's an intense looking individual. I think it's just that first bit where she's staring at us while thumbing the page of her book lol

I AM making gifs of that once I get home.

Loved all of it. The culture bonus is amazing, Nobel Prize is amazing, LOVE a tile improvement that gives loyalty. ADORE the leader model and animations. Love the shade of blue they used. Simple, but effective.

No early game bonuses (when does the Open Air Museum unlock?) but that's fine. Sweden can win culture easily if they survive the early game and get no disadvantages, so...

Top Bottom