1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Sweden Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Warlord

Kristina's character model looks really great, and it's an interesting civ design. I had no idea open-air museums originated in Scandinavia, so that's a nice thing to learn.

I saw a lot of people wondering if the unique governor was going to be Oxenstierna, but now it seems all but certain it will be the Ottoman ability (Hurrem Sultan?).

2. local_hero

local_hero Chieftain

Oh this looks really good! I think I like everything with this design. :)

Can't wait to charge someone with a Carolean while having a great general and the logistics policy enabled! BRING IT!

TahamiTsunami and Tchuli like this.
  3. Denkt

Denkt Reader

Swedens advantage to nobel prices come down it fits Swedens playstyle and abilities, so while it can help others, Sweden is at a good position to win them.

Like Sweden get more diplomatic favor than the average civ due to its abilities which make it easier to get the Peace price and competitors can be eliminated if needed.

Sweden playstyle seems to be to play aggressivly and expand because you only get one open-air museum per city and it is buffed for each terrain type you Control. Otherwise simply spam campuses and such to get great people which also give you favor and also make sure to Control all the artifacts so you can use the leader ability.

Jkchart likes this.
  4. Sagax

Sagax Warlord

Pre-Sweden: “Geez, I generate too many Great Writers and Artists, I have nowhere to place their works!”

Post-Sweden: “Why only slots, without more GWAM generation?”

Inawordyes, Dragabond, Elhoim and 8 others like this.
  5. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Warlord

I am looking forward to play this with Kongo, Russia, China, Maori, and Greece as enemies.

6. Vlade Divac

Vlade Divac Chieftain

I sure hope they do some reworking for some of the legacy civs (America and England particularly) because these new civs are really interesting. The originals are getting more and more dull.

7. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Will everybody be able to theme wonders? Also the 44 culture and 60 tourism from the Bibliotheque is insane :)

Or the other Barbarossa, since there isn't a real naval/maritime oriented governor yet.

TahamiTsunami and Hakan-i Cihan like this.
  8. DeepKing

DeepKing Chieftain

I thought they’d get a unique govt district but I think this is even more creative.

9. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

Noble Prize world congress: It begins at Industrial, which the game never last that long.
    UU: Too late.
    UB: I prefer the Grandmaster's Chapel, or Intelligence Agency.
    May be somehow useful for culture victory only, when it is filled it is automatically themed(Wait, you need 3 GPs to theme it!)
    +50 Favor for each GP: May be Useful
    Automatic Theme: May be Useful. An art museum with 1 artist gives 5/4 initially, but 18/12 now?
    But only for art museums. (archolegical ones are easily themed, but still a bonus) The problem is that few people build art museum, and Swedish art museum do not yield more than a normal themed archolegical museum. Just faster for a few turns when you already have a great artist.

+1 GP point for University/Factory. A bonused University is great. Although GP points don't play an important role in Rise and Fall due to those 2.56x things.

UI adds 10 culture and 10 tourism per city when Sweden have cities settled in all types of terrains? This may be the main power of Sweden. 10 is not a small number. When is it unlocked?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  10. acluewithout

acluewithout Warlord

Very cool Civ. Nice subtle incentive to settle other continents. The Nobel Prize competitions is a very fun idea - I'm not sure it gives Sweden any real benefit, it just very very fun. And then the rest of the Nobel Prize ability is very good.

I'm a bit over the "UI but you can only build one per city mechanic". But there you go.

Still. Just very cool.

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  11. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

I like it though I'm not a big fan of anti cav in general. This one looks like a defensive powerhouse, too bad cavalry can just move around it of course.

12. monstercat

monstercat Chieftain

Lol, probably better than Kongo and Russia then.

Guess the unique governor is the Ottoman's

13. Sagax

Sagax Warlord

England and Spain have loyalty bonuses as of RnF.

14. Jkchart

Jkchart Chieftain

Actually their Queen's Bibliotheque seems to also give GWAM generation

TahamiTsunami, sonicmyst and DWilson like this.
  15. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso Chieftain

They said they wanted players to play the map in Gathering Storm. And with Sweden where you'll want to settle on all 5 differents sort of terrains, we can say they nailed it.

16. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Historically, it should be unlocked in industrial era, but hopefully it comes earlier in civ.

17. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Chieftain

Her contemporaries said she looked like a man

18. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Someone posted a picture showing that they do receive GWAM points in their UB.

TahamiTsunami and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  19. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

I can see Hannibal as a Gov for Phoenicia too though, as a dark horse

20. Denkt

Denkt Reader

You only get one unique building.