[GS] Sweden Livestream Discussion Thread

Okay I have updated the Features Thread with everything I saw, and now I am going back to bed, if I missed anything please let me know

I enjoyed this stream, it showed a lot more about the world congress and it's resolutions and competitions.

I like, for example, with building units quicker. You can pass a vote to build them quicker, or you can pass a vote to build them slower. It's nice that it's not like in Civ V where if building units quicker got rejected you'd go back to units being built at the same speed, there is a negative to building units quicker not getting passed.

I also thought the Noble Peace Prize was Industrial era only, thankfully it's Industrial era onwards.

The SoL in the build they used has the old bonuses.

Fun stream. World congress seems much improved over Civ5's "arbitrarily ban a luxury" shtick. I love how Kristina just can't be bothered to look up from her book.

I sincerely hope that they don't go the Barbary Corsair route for the Ottomans... but references to raiding, that unidentified concept art of a corsair-looking ship... :rolleyes:

I sincerely hope that they don't go the Barbary Corsair route for the Ottomans... but references to raiding, that unidentified concept art of a corsair-looking ship... :rolleyes:

Would their unique unit be a ship instead of a Janissary?
I would definitely miss the Janissary if that's the case. I disliked the Ottoman barbary pirates ability in Civ5.

Caravel has now two ships instead of one.

Also in some previous livestream it showed that fighters have two planes in Gathering Storm.

Well if there's one positive from the Ottomans *most likely* getting a unique ship its that Phoenicia/Carthage probably wont... right?

Best case scenario both get their own unique non-ship unit. but that seems very unlikely.

Well if there's one positive from the Ottomans *most likely* getting a unique ship its that Phoenicia/Carthage probably wont... right?
How would it make sense for Phoenicia to not get a unique ship? Especially since a, say, unique war elephant would make even less sense for Phoenicia than Carthage. I don't think there are many elephants in Lebanon. :p

Best case scenario both get their own unique non-ship unit. but that seems very unlikely.

I fail to see how it's a zero-sum game. Both could have ships for all we know.

How would it make sense for Phoenicia to not get a unique ship? Especially since a, say, unique war elephant would make even less sense for Phoenicia than Carthage. I don't think there are many elephants in Lebanon. :p

I know its more likely that BOTH Ottomans and Phoenicia get Unique Boats but they unique boats bum me out. thats just my personal hope.

I didn't get to watch the whole stream but if pillaging now scales with era, then that military policy card that doubles pillaging yields becomes possibly quite lucrative right???

Top Bottom