Sweden (New War Leader) Gustav II Adolf

eliasw

Chieftain
Hello Devs!

I am swedish, plays civ alot over the years, with the leader kristina the swedish queen and with so many other war leaders already in the game with both political and war ways.
I would really like to see an war king of sweden Gustav II Adolf that conquered Balticum and made sweden the great power it once was.
Not just have queen kristina that was more of a leader of art and learning.

I hope this can reach the devs and would be more fun to let sweden have a war leader in the game.

Thank you all for reading!

I feel Kristina was picked just because she was a woman which is not something I'm a fan of, forced diversity like that. Charles XII of Sweden would be cool. He was a young leader leading Sweden during its biggy days.

The reason I like Kristina honestly is because she does work well with the civ ability, Nobel Prize. Having a warlike leader with a Nobel Prize ability to me seems out of place.

Maybe Civ 7 can make it viable by changing how Civs are being designed. Instead of a single nation bonus and a single leader bonus you get to choose from a bunch of bonuses every era, some bonuses are unique to that nation. Every era after that you choose a new one, but with culture you build up 'Tradition' which let you keep a bit of your previous bonuses depending on the amount of culture you have. So you can adapt to the situation, and so that some Civs don't have to wait until mid/late game to get their Civ bonuses and so on.

The reason I like Kristina honestly is because she does work well with the civ ability, Nobel Prize. Having a warlike leader with a Nobel Prize ability to me seems out of place.
Agreed, which is what made Civ V's use of Gustavus Adolphus rather funny. That was the time before leader abilities, though.

Gustav Adolf could give flanking bonuses to units and a strenght bonus outside own borders. That could work for Carl XII too(aka Carolus Rex).

P.s. if you want to read my all time favorite history book, check out 'Poltava - the battle that shook Europe' by Peter Englund.

It tells about Cark XII's illfated campaign against Peter the Great.

Swedes is better lead by Gus. with his Generals being GG in his place. and instead of giving out a veteran bombard corps. he should give out Fieldcannon instead (Gus Adolph pioneered modern artillery organizations. and effective 'Fieldcannons' that outperformed Imperial field artillery counterparts).

I would personally like to see Gustav III. One of the more interesting European monarchs of the Enlightenment Era.

Sweden would be good under Kristina (i'm fine with her), Charles XII (my choice for VII), or Gustavus II Adolphus (who you may call Gustav II Adolf). Gustav I Vasa was an unspoken choice that would be great leading Sweden, especially since he came in #1 place for "Top 100 Swedish people of history" contest.

Top Bottom