Sweetfx for beyond the sword (or just civ iv)

lucidstorm

Chieftain
Hi this is a sweetfx preset that I made for myself since it was clearly missing (there are no presets on thelazy or anywhere)

for me this preset is a game changer and I would not go back to the reddish vanilla,

in short the effects are similar to technicolor version 2 of the newest reshade 3.0, cold palette and less color simulating realism, effects used are bloom, lift gamma 3 levels, tonemap, curves, luma (but without smaa, smaa causes aliased edges in this game: weird), vibrance and rgb balance.

This can be improved upon, user feedback can do that (best suited for me for mods like K-mod, Mongoose and Realism Invictus: aka realistic mods, less suited perhaps for fantasy mods because of the filther), I can make different presets too.

Installation: drop inside the folder where the exe of the game is (be it beyond the sword, warlord or vanilla)

all credits goes to Guru3d, Christian Cann Schuldt Jensen aka CeeJay.dk (http://ceejay.dk), Andrej Dudenhefner, and the team that worked on sweetfx 1.5.1. I made the preset.
Permissions: do whatever you wan to with it and have fun.
comparison pictures:
Spoiler :

effect on:

Best
Lucid Storm

Attachments

• Lucid's Sweetfx for civ IV.7z
    187.1 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Top Bottom