Switching CIV twice and get space race victory in 1700s

youtien

Lyricist
Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0015.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0017.JPG

1. Start as Babylonian, found Gordion(turn 4) on marble or Ephesus(turn 5) on horse.
2. Found Byzantion and another city in Greece before turn 50.
3. Switch to Greeks, destroy Babylonians and capture workers.
4. Get 2/3 UHV as Greek republic and spam great people, settle to Jerusalem. Found Orthodoxy and build its wonders. Found Mecca before Arabian rise.
5. Stop tech once reached renaissance, get free buildings in cities with settler.
6. Give 2930 gold to Arabs when spawn, delete all armies.
7. Switch to Arabs and enjoy 500+ tech points per turn after flipping.
8. Conquer. Settle GP after building house of wisdom. Build silver tree fountain before getting first great general.
9. Easily prepare for all those scripted wars. Get as many vassals as possible and march onto victory.

6. Give 2930 gold to Arabs when spawn, delete all armies.
Why not just use the World Builder at this point? All techs, super cities, etc.

The transition to a new nation, having previously prepared fertile ground for it, is also a kind of cheat. Just the fact that you're not using an editor makes you think everything's fair.

The transition to a new nation, having previously prepared fertile ground for it, is also a kind of cheat. Just the fact that you're not using an editor makes you think everything's fair.
I wouldnt say its cheating as much as a cheesy play, you are 100% playing legitimate but exploiting the mechanics to make yourself OP.

Last edited:
I wouldnt say its cheating as much as a cheesy play, you are 100% playing legitimate but exploiting the mechanics to make yourself OP.
It's essentially the same when you delete your relevant army and donate thousands of gold to your next civ like OP did.

Nah, it's still fun/interesting because it's playing with the existing constraints, whereas world builder just removes most of the game's constraints. To be clear, it's fun/interesting approximately just once. If everyone started playing the game like this that'd be a game design problem.

I have eventually arrived at the conclusion that there is nothing a game designer can do to stop players from ruining their own fun by going against the game's intended play without making things worse for everyone else. So it's better to trust people to make their own decisions about what kind of play is fun for them.

Having completed the majority of UHVs, rather than butt my head against rather dull gameplay like Congo or Austria, I've realised it's way more fun to do crazy horsehocky like try make Zoroastrian Turkic China, or Hindu Russia, or Buddhist Brazil. I invite those who've stuck with the mod so long to have a more liberal approach with the mechanics and to push things to their limit!

Having completed the majority of UHVs, rather than butt my head against rather dull gameplay like Congo or Austria, I've realised it's way more fun to do crazy horsehocky like try make Zoroastrian Turkic China, or Hindu Russia, or Buddhist Brazil. I invite those who've stuck with the mod so long to have a more liberal approach with the mechanics and to push things to their limit!
One of my most memorable games I ever played was a greece game where I basically held alexanders empire together until the middle ages before the byzantines and arabs ripped greece and persia from my grasp and became a rump state in central asia into the modern day. It was off the wall but thoughly enjoyable. Sometimes its just fun and fresh to do wacky things.

Uh... how did you get Byz to spawn as Greece?! Neither can be alive at the same time

I love this post! This is how I play DoC, too. (Though not as well as you!) I like to see the game as a puzzle, and set absurd goals like "Persians in space by 1800" as fun goalposts instead of just replaying history. One I did recently was beeline Exploration as the Greeks and settle 4+ Great People in the Aztec capital before swapping over to an Aztecs-on-steroids game.

i like to do absurd games, but not switched ones. dying as babylon at 1500 AD to ottoman invasion is just as fun.

Top Bottom