Switching injured military units

lissenber

Warlord
Alright, i`ve seen this before. One example would be the live broadcast where 2KGreg kept switching his Samurai in his Immortal game. Samurai gets attacked and damaged, another samurai just next to the damaged samurai switched places with the damaged samurai. How did 2KGreg do it?

There seems to be no obvious way of doing this in my game. I could swear from my observations that this is possible. This is ridiculous that I`m playing high difficulty games and i still haven`t figured out this important move.

Both units need to have movement points in order to switch. You just need to move to the tile where the unit is and it should switch.

And sometimes it is dependant on which unit of the both you select to switch both of them.

While switching A vs B doesn't work, switching B vs A does. :crazyeye:

And sometimes it is dependant on which unit of the both you select to switch both of them.
As far as I can tell, it depends on both units having no orders, meaning if one unit is set to "skip turn", "fortify until healed" or "fortify", swapping doesn't work. If A vs. B doesn't work, you can click on B, cancel orders, click on A again and can now swap.

Cheers, LT.

As far as I can tell, it depends on both units having no orders, meaning if one unit is set to "skip turn", "fortify until healed" or "fortify", swapping doesn't work. If A vs. B doesn't work, you can click on B, cancel orders, click on A again and can now swap.

Cheers, LT.

This may be true, too.
Yet, I have encountered it now several times that A - B didn't work, but B - A did -- without any need to first clear orders for B.

While switching A vs B doesn't work, switching B vs A does. :crazyeye:

It's because one of them is fortified.

Top Bottom