Switching plans for first city site?

Do we need to switch the site for our second city?

• Yes, switch to yellow

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, stay with blue (site D)

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plux

Emperor
I would strongly urge everybody to rethink the plans for the next city. The run-off poll came with spot D (blue spot), but seeing the explorations of our warriors, I would definitely like to move that spot one tile north-east (yellow spot). Then, a fish comes within reach, the already mined grassland can be shared with SF, both furs and the coast stay in reach, and an extra grassland tile can be used. Also the fertile eastern lands come a wee bit closer. What about it, switch or not?

Wouldn't this spot inhibit our ability to build another city east of here that could take advantage of the gold in those hills?

The Yellow dot certainly has it's advantages, but I still like the Blue dot as it won't crowd out any future city sites across that inlet to the east.

Yellow has a merit since it uses the fish tile and therefore get's extra growth ,something that we can use good at this moment to build more settler's.but it wouldn't be able to use it unless the city expand's in culture ,so it can't be used right away.But at this moment it would be good to build our second city next to a food bonus tile.

but i would even be more interrested in a city on near the river on the north ,to claim that piece of land as ours ,and to settle the northern region's faster.

The reason that I think is definitely important is that the shared and mined bonus grassland tile could be used immediately, when SF makes use of its game forests. That grassland tile is the only food AND production tile the second city would have. Site D only has non-productive grasslands.

Top Bottom