Swordsmen not healing despite being idle

Eyeoftiger

Warlord
I fought a war and three of my Swordsman will not heal despite fortifying them for multiple turns. I have the Dead Sea natural wonder within my borders and that is supposed to heal your units if they are idle and next to it but it is not working for these three units.

All other units are healing just fine. I'm curious as to if I need extra iron available to heal the units because I don't have any extra at the moment. That seems like it would be a ridiculous requirement but I'm racking my brain trying to figure out why they are not healing.

Has anyone else seen this as well?

So...I picked up an additional source of iron and all three units healed to 100% the very next turn. So now the real question is, why do you have to have a strategic resource for the unit in order for them to heal? This is never been a part of any previous Civilization game and I can't find any documentation on Civilization 6 on this particular issue.

Found a parameter in the settings for the game which look like this:
<Row Name="STRATEGIC_RESOURCE_MINIMUM_FOR_UNIT_HEALING" Value="1" />

In Civ V when you had units which required a strategic resource you no longer had enough of to support it it would suffer a huge combat penalty. The way strategic resource amounts work in VI would make something like that too harsh since you'll likely only have 1 or 2 sources and they are shared across all your units so you could get your entire army wiped pretty quick. Stopping you from healing is an interesting replacement. I agree though that it doesn't appear to be documented anywhere which is bad.

Did some testing and it looks like the +50 hp healing bonus from promotions is exempt from this strategic resource requirement.

I have the same problem with a swordsman. Is this a bug or intentional? It's awfully severe to deprive a unit of healing. I was granted the swordsman with the founding of a city. Are you saying if I find Iron, he'll be able to heal?

You can use the "fortify until healed" option on these units, while you can't use it on naval units in neutral territory at sea.

The UI should reflect the fact that these units can't heal, or at minimum treat units that can't heal consistently. It is valid to consider the presentation of this mechanic bugged, even if the mechanic itself is WAD.

Top Bottom