1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Sydney Opera House... what am I missing?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Kyroshill, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Kyroshill

Kyroshill Huh?

In a position to get a cultural victory (was supposed to be domination, but those puppets LOVE to build Mud Pyramid Mosques)... and have researched Globalization, and no one else has built it (as per the diplo screen).... but I can't build it and none of my puppets are building it....

What am i missing?

TIA

2. avl8

avl8 Prince

You can pull SOH only in a coastal city. Damn hidden requirement, thank you Firaxis.

3. Kyroshill

Kyroshill Huh?

That may very well be my problem... thanks much!:goodjob:

4. avl8

avl8 Prince

Have fun! They really should add this condition to SoH tooltip, its damn misleading at the moment...

5. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

I was trying for a last-minute cultural victory in a game awhile ago, so I burned a couple of Great Scientists to grab Globalization so I could get the Sydney Opera House...of course as it turns out you have to build it in a coastal city, which the Civilopedia neglects to inform you. :crazyeye:

6. Kyroshill

Kyroshill Huh?

That's OK by me... The Dublin Opera House has a nice ring to it anyway :p