Syria or Iran ??? (travelling suggestion)

So ur living in Iran right now ? Or else we could arrange a meeting also.

Yes. I'm living now in Iran in one of western city of it. I mean in Hamedan, the capital of anceint Medes and one of eldest city in the world. but I don't recommond you to visit my city. maybe in your traveling I would have a trip to Tehran and maybe we would have a meeting but my trip is not planned like your trip, so I'm not sure in that time I will be in tehran.

Are there many thiefs and robbers in Iran ?? Then i will try to conceal the camera most of the time then, only bringing them out when i need them :)
yes like any other country in the world there are some thiefs and roobers in my country and like any other developing country police departmetn have some unefficiency.
that idea is cool. maybe you can try a tour for visiting Iran

So if this is my travel my plan would be an Airline to Istanboul, 2 or 3 days there, then go to Ezmir and Ankara (if summer's day, turkey's beach is a fine place) then with train to Tehran (I hear that some years before this route existed) if train is not possible Air is better if I have enough money and less time when arriving Iran, if not try a bus (the weather is not so cold in worse condition reached about 10 to 20 under zyro, but some times snow covered the road and opening road take time for example a 2 hours way pass by 4 hours), then one day in Tehran for National meusum of Iran (one day is enough for this crowded city unless you like trafic and passing some hours in a car in a street full of cars), so skip ang go to nice city of Kashan, spend 1 or 2 days there and enjoy beauties of Fin Garden and other old Houses os Kashan, having a day in this little and fine city after the crowded city of Tehran seems this city like heaven. OK heaven is enough way to Isfahan secound large city of Iran, don't emember to visit Imam Square (one day to this place) and one day to another places like Catheral and Vank Church and historical Bridges and another bus to Shiraz. this city have most anceint places of Iran (except my City Hamadan Capital of Medes) but not inside of city but az mention above, in little cities around. saty here for 2 or 3 days and with a Airline bay bay to Iran and welcome to Doubai.

I would love to do this. I had plans to go from Isntanbul, to Ankara, and then onto Baku. But it doesn't look like that will happen any time soon now.

:sad:

I have a good friend with wealthy relatives in Tehran. The next time her and her father go, I plan on tagging along. I absolutely cannot wait. Everything she tells me of Tehran sounds amazing.

I've travelled to both Syria and Iran and would rate both as wonderful countries to visit.

I would slightly lean towards Iran as Esfahan would have to be one of the greatest places to visit in the world. Still remember sitting on the balcomy of a tea house over the main square as the sun sets, spectacular. Although sleeping overnight in the Roman amphitheatre at Bosra in Syria rates highly as well.

Have fun regardless.

Yes. I'm living now in Iran in one of western city of it. I mean in Hamedan, the capital of anceint Medes and one of eldest city in the world. but I don't recommond you to visit my city. maybe in your traveling I would have a trip to Tehran and maybe we would have a meeting but my trip is not planned like your trip, so I'm not sure in that time I will be in tehran.

well, i will try to bring a laptop for the trip also :D will check into Civ fanatic from time to time :D

yes like any other country in the world there are some thiefs and roobers in my country and like any other developing country police departmetn have some unefficiency.
that idea is cool. maybe you can try a tour for visiting Iran

If there are some day tour, i think we wont mind trying. :D

I've travelled to both Syria and Iran and would rate both as wonderful countries to visit.

I would slightly lean towards Iran as Esfahan would have to be one of the greatest places to visit in the world. Still remember sitting on the balcomy of a tea house over the main square as the sun sets, spectacular. Although sleeping overnight in the Roman amphitheatre at Bosra in Syria rates highly as well.

Have fun regardless.

oh, thanks alot !! So any other tips for traveling in Iran ??

oh, thanks alot !! So any other tips for traveling in Iran ??

Not really. It is alot more modern than you probably imagine. The people are very friendly and (if my experiences are any guide) will want to ask you many questions on a myriad of topics (religion, politics, soccer) and are genuinely interested in what you have to say. Its very safe but take the same precautions you would anywhere else.

Other places I really enjoyed were Yazd, Persepolis (my avatar is taken from here) and Shiraz (no wine though :( ). Bam was truly amazing as well but was destroyed in an earthquake :cry:. Didn't rate Tehren that much but interesting museums.

Not really. It is alot more modern than you probably imagine. The people are very friendly and (if my experiences are any guide) will want to ask you many questions on a myriad of topics (religion, politics, soccer) and are genuinely interested in what you have to say. Its very safe but take the same precautions you would anywhere else.

Other places I really enjoyed were Yazd, Persepolis (my avatar is taken from here) and Shiraz (no wine though :( ). Bam was truly amazing as well but was destroyed in an earthquake :cry:. Didn't rate Tehren that much but interesting museums.

ok, thanks very much then :D

i only got about 8-9 days there and i havent plan a detail itinerary also, simply too busy....

will be skipping Bam thou, its too far away and i dont think i can ever make it to there.. and ya, it is a shame after been destroyed by earthquake...

So when u were in Iran, izzit an adhoc backpacking trip ?? or u have already booked all the hotels in advance ?? We have decided to only book the hotel once we were there... too lazy... and cheap...

Seems like visiting either one is little dangerous these days.
Only if Israel or USA decided to attack anyone of them...

So when u were in Iran, izzit an adhoc backpacking trip ?? or u have already booked all the hotels in advance ?? We have decided to only book the hotel once we were there... too lazy... and cheap...

I was there in 2000. My wife and I were living in the UK at the time and were returning to Australia, so we backpacked to Beijing and flew home from there. Took 8 months all up!

Okay, now that my Missouri tourism pitch is out of the way, I would personally love to visit Iran. Imagine touring some of the ancient ruins of the Median and Persian empires, Zorastarian ziggurates, and so forth.

The only place worth seeing in Missouri is St. Louis, and thats if you are careful.

:smug:

Are you a cruise missile? If so, I would recommend Iran first, then Syria (with a brief tour of other Middle Eastern countries if your itenerary permits).

If you're a person, I would recommend sticking to more civilized countries, like Congo or North Korea.

Are you a cruise missile? If so, I would recommend Iran first, then Syria (with a brief tour of other Middle Eastern countries if your itenerary permits).

If you're a person, I would recommend sticking to more civilized countries, like Congo or North Korea.

Yeah even more bloodshed in the ME would be just great

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Are you not aware that these leaders kill thousands of their citizens every year for political dissention?

US intervention = less bloodshed, in the long run. Just like in Iraq.

:quadruple rolleyes:

Are you not aware that these leaders kill thousands of their citizens every year for political dissention?

US intervention = less bloodshed, in the long run. Just like in Iraq.

:quadruple rolleyes:

this post sums up to me everything thats wrong with the US view of itself in the world.

Glad I could be of service. Please continue the childish and ignorant hatred of the US as scheduled.

Glad I could be of service. Please continue the childish and ignorant hatred of the US as scheduled.

This is a travel thread, sir.:crazyeye:

I'd recommend Iran. Seems like it would have way more to see. Syria as far as I'm concerned only has Damascus, Iran has hundreds of ancient sites, Tehran, etc.

Leaving aside Ecofarm´s mature and informed hatred and returning to real world, I would go to Syria. Never was there but know somebody who has been there many times. There are loads of interesting places to visit. Not only wonderful mezquites and markets (Damascus was the capital of the muslim empire under the Umeyyas) but also old byzantine cities (they call them the dead cities), lots of crusader castles and christian churches and some of the best roman ruins in the world.

Top Bottom