Syria or Iran ??? (travelling suggestion)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ramius75, Nov 16, 2007.

1. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

Man its a thread about going on holiday. your attitude to it is "you know what would improve both countries? If america bombed them". Others are talking about the culture, geography and experiences theyve had in said countries, youre advocating killing people there. If this makes USA #1 in your eyes, fine. But it makes you sound bloodthirsty as hell, if you think NOT turning a holiday thread into a call to kill people is childish and ignorant then I'm childish and ignorant.

2. philippe

philippe FYI, I chase trains.

Quoted for Truth :goodjob:

3. PersianBoy

PersianBoy Prince

@ramious 75: one thing about fire temple; you did not answer you wanna to see a real fire temple or only wanna to watch ruins of an anceint fire temple?
    I remember that there is one fire temple in Teharn and one thing cool, there is a street in Tehran that between 200 meters, 4 religion have religious places, fire temple, Kenisa, church and mosque.

4. PersianBoy

PersianBoy Prince

and also you came with a femele or alone?

5. Ramius75

Ramius75 Deity

i want to watch the real 1. heard they got 1 that the fire never went out. is that true ?? wow, whats the name of the street ??

im coming with a female companion, we are not married thou.. Any problem with that ?

6. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

I dunno...you are the one that mentioned it in this post here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6181270&postcount=56

Apparently, its at least one question you missed on that exam! :lol:

Rofl. Glad to see I wasnt the only person to see the irony in that...:goodjob: :lol:

7. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

Apparently, you have never heard of Branson?

8. zenspiderz

zenspiderz Just some bloke..

Admirably enough Iranians are uber-prudes. When locals use a hotel they have to show a marriage certificate in order for an unrelated male and female to share a room. Things are a bit more relaxed for foriegners although I am not sure because I never stayed in a hotel all the time I spent there (more than 7 months) as I was always somebodies guest in their house and my wife has a flat in Tehran. So you may have to have separate hotel rooms if you don't have a marriage licence.

9. Ramius75

Ramius75 Deity

wow... that will increase the expenditure no doubt.... i hope they will be more relax....

10. aronnax

aronnax Let your spirit be free

Don't count on it much. Similar situtation with my Aunt and her church friends. They were touring Iran and about 40% of the time they needed to get a seperate room from the opposite sex/

If I was you, I would head to Turkey and visit Istanbul and/or Ephsesus

11. Ramius75

Ramius75 Deity

maybe we will stay in dorm then, or hostel... its really a waste of money getting a whole hotel room for one...

we have already booked the tickets for tehran... so there is no turning back. i wont let this small issue disrupt the trip also.. the place should be still worth visiting :)

12. aronnax

aronnax Let your spirit be free

You must visit Isafan City and head for the Shah Mosque and the Square
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naghsh-i_Jahan_Square

And dont forget the Palace! The Royal Balcony is just beautiful. Take plenty of pictures and post them here!

13. Ramius75

Ramius75 Deity

hi thanks, will defintely visit isfahan. :D hope i can get good photos there.

14. PredatorFett

PredatorFett steam user

Yeah, but why would you want to?

15. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

Because its one of the most beautiful and oldest countries in the world. I wouldn't include just "because its surprisingly western" as one of them.

16. Steph

Steph Multi Many Tasks man Retired Moderator

Did you also miss the part where he was saying he like the American people, but criticize your government or some of your system?
    I think he got a standing ovation 7 times, and 6 times it was after he criticized your system.

Friendly, but not blindly.

17. Merkinball

Merkinball Deity

Ramius,

You should be able to find a western hotel in Tehran where you can stay in the same room as your partner.

If you are traveling with a female, she will have to loosely cover her hair. My Iranian friend says that the women there just loosely wear their hijabs in public. And all women in Iran are supposed to wear them.

When she went last time, she had her hair COMPLETELY covered, the hijab tight, her ears covered, her neck covered. She was in baggy coat. When she got off the plane all her relatives laughed at her. They had semi tight clothes, and just had their hijabs sitting gently on the back of their heads, with the hair towards the forhead showing.

18. Tank_Guy#3

Tank_Guy#3 Lion of Lehistan

Have you also considered hiring a Corps of mercenaries to protect you if you're from the West?

19. zenspiderz

zenspiderz Just some bloke..

Only a cowardly paranoid schizophrenic would consider doing something so silly. So that would just be you tank guy.

20. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

If I were going, then no, I'm not hiring mercenaries. I'm not worth the cost of a bullet or a cell. :lol: