Syria or Iran ??? (travelling suggestion)

Ramius75

Deity
Hi all,

Im thinking of taking a trip to either Iran or Syria. So what do u guys think about these 2 places ? Im bias against Syria, but my companion wanted to go Iran instead.

Any experienced traveller or anyone been to these places before ?? any forumer living there?

Probably Iran. A greater variety of scenery and some fabulous cultural works from times past.

But I wouldn't know what kind of restrictions may be put on there. You'd have to find out.

Probably Iran. A greater variety of scenery and some fabulous cultural works from times past.

But I wouldn't know what kind of restrictions may be put on there. You'd have to find out.

Thanks, i already called the ministry of foreign affair and for Singaporean Visa is not required for up to 2 weeks stay in Iran... But syria will required Visa...

And both dont have any embassy in singapore also... -_-"

How about going to both? Visit Syria first, then take a train across Turkey to Iran.

dont not have enough time... have about only 10-12 days... so have to make the best out of it...

i wanted to go Turkey and then cross into Syria. But will be cool to do Iran also... minus the dangerous places...

not sure if i will have any problem shooting with a large camera also... it always attract unwanted attention.

from what i heard, syrians are really are gentile friendly people, very interesting sights too... Iran has a lot of trumphs too but the distances and the fact that there are bandits along the main roads (especially east).

http://wikitravel.org/en/Syria

I've never been to either country yet.

But there are good chances I have to go to Iran at the beginning of next year.

i see, Iran is always 1 of the country i wanted to visit also... so im now doing some research on how to get the best out of middle east 1. :D

from what i heard, syrians are really are gentile friendly people, very interesting sights too... Iran has a lot of trumphs too but the distances and the fact that there are bandits along the main roads (especially east).

http://wikitravel.org/en/Syria

yup, will avoid southern and eastern Iran for the moment... Dont want to get kidnapped in these places.

Thanks for the link :D

Syria seems to have a very interesting place

its called Moolola...

You lucky git! Let me know if you need a bodyguard and I'll come with.

Won't have to pay me much... :D

Seriously though, I think you should do both. Failing that, I dunno, flip a coin.

Both good choices, but in your place I would probably try Iran...

Hi all,

Im thinking of taking a trip to either Iran or Syria. So what do u guys think about these 2 places ? Im bias against Syria, but my companion wanted to go Iran instead.

Any experienced traveller or anyone been to these places before ?? any forumer living there?

:eek:
do you want die?????
are you crazy?????
why do you need to go in the most terrorist countries of world????

Go to Iran. You'll be suprised how western it is. Should be able to buy Britney's latest on the streets. Syria is rife with problems and violence. Iran's not. Its a nice place to visit

I'm hoping to go to Iran next year sometime. I'm hoping to be able to go
Ethiopia (for a few days, to shorten the flight) -> Maybe Zimbabwe again -> Bangladesh -> India -> Pakistan -> Iran -> Turkey -> Back through Europe

Although it means I'll have to work my **** off in the first half of the year!

My brother went to Iran, he had a good time, but he didn't like Tehran. Just a big polluted city.

syrians are really are gentile friendly people

Of course, they aren't Israel . . .

Anyways, both sound nice. I actually think that Iran seems like a great place, just with bad leadership (like they say about us . . . hmmm . . . ) and wouldn't mind going there some day.

I'd rather go to Morocco.

I know a Moroccan person and he told me that North morocco is a tourists paradise, just like some parts of turkey... but if you go to the south... there's some bas stuff going on there. (and I haven't even mentioned the Western sahara!)

Top Bottom