Syria or Iran ??? (travelling suggestion)

I know a Moroccan person and he told me that North morocco is a tourists paradise, just like some parts of turkey... but if you go to the south... there's some bas stuff going on there. (and I haven't even mentioned the Western sahara!)
Well, I don't see why a tourist would go beyond Casablanca, Marrakesh, or Rabat in the first place.

Well, I don't see why a tourist would go beyond Casablanca, Marrakesh, or Rabat in the first place.
Casablanca is not that interesting. I've been there 3 times. And I should go to Rabat in 1 or 2 months.

I like their mint tea :).

And pastillas are nice to.

I'm seriously considering travelling to Iran next year, assuming I can get a visa and we're not bombing them at the time. I've heard it's one of the best tourist spots out there and the people are amazingly nice, even to Great Satanites such as myself. Of course, that's the internet talking there, I haven't been yet.

Just don't photograph any gov't buildings...

Take an umbrella to ward off US airstrikes...

Of the two, that is difficult as both have alot to do. I'd probably favour Iran as it is more rugged and hopefully more interesting ruins to look at.

Go to Iran its a nice place. Lots of historical stuff and intreasting culture and beautiful scenery. Visit the ruins of some of the Fire Temples.

Of the two, that is difficult as both have alot to do. I'd probably favour Iran as it is more rugged and hopefully more interesting ruins to look at.
And if you come back on a few years, you may have new ruins to visit.;)

Forget both of them. Come to Damascus, MISSOURI instead! :D Right in the heart of the Ozarks, you'd have the time of your life. And once you're there, it's just a leisurely drive to Branson!! Disclaimer: Damascus, MO is just an unincorporated part of St. Clair county. It's not even a proper incorporated city (city as used here in America).

Okay, now that my Missouri tourism pitch is out of the way, I would personally love to visit Iran. Imagine touring some of the ancient ruins of the Median and Persian empires, Zorastarian ziggurates, and so forth.

I would love to go to Iran, see the Shah Mosque as well as any old mosques there. Places like Shiraz and Isfahan would be nice places to visit. Although I'm not sure about non-Muslims visiting their mosques. I know in Saudi Arabia and Morocco they have such policies.

Make sure you keep hold of your CAMERA and PANTs

@all

Thanks for all the advices guys !!! ya, i sort of made up my mind and decided to go to either Egypt--> Iran or Turkey --> Iran...

probably going to turkey since we cant find any budget flight from Cairo to Tehran.

We will be staying about 6-7 days in Iran and then spend 5-6 in Turkey/Egypt. The exciting part is, we might be celebrating New year day in either of the country also and Christmas in Iran :crazyeye: :eek:

Go to Iran its a nice place. Lots of historical stuff and intreasting culture and beautiful scenery. Visit the ruins of some of the Fire Temples.

Thanks, i will looking into this also. Any suggestions ?

I would love to go to Iran, see the Shah Mosque as well as any old mosques there. Places like Shiraz and Isfahan would be nice places to visit. Although I'm not sure about non-Muslims visiting their mosques. I know in Saudi Arabia and Morocco they have such policies.

come to Turkey :D

anyway i vote for Iran for cultural places

Turkey has always been 1 of my dream places to go... too bad we wont hae enough time to explore the whole of Turkey. Any nice place to visit if we ever choose Turkey as 1 of the Stop over ??

Make sure you keep hold of your CAMERA and PANTs

Ya, i knew someone will suggest this if we decided to go Egypt, heeh :D

Choose one of them if you wanna to see historical places
10 or 12 days is not enough for both of them.
both of them have many historical places but the diffrence is cultural. in Turkey you can wear anything you like but in Iran you must cover most of your body especially if you be a woman (you must cover your head with scarf) and no sign of love in public
both of them have some weakness in eastern part. in turkey due to Kords and in Iran due to Afghans but in both of them the major cities are completely safe
I`m from Iran and know that in Iran Turkey is famous for its shore and swiming and also for the cities of Istanbol and Ghonieh, Iran is famous for cities of Isfahan and Shiraz. I have more information for this country, but storngly recommend if you wanna to celebrate Chrismas try Turkey or Christian minority in Tehran, no need to say that in Tehran there is non wine formally and you must find one of christians that illigally provide wine some where (this is why I recommend a Christmas with Christian minority)
if you need more information ask me, I try to answer

Choose one of them if you wanna to see historical places
10 or 12 days is not enough for both of them.
both of them have many historical places but the diffrence is cultural. in Turkey you can wear anything you like but in Iran you must cover most of your body especially if you be a woman (you must cover your head with scarf) and no sign of love in public
both of them have some weakness in eastern part. in turkey due to Kords and in Iran due to Afghans but in both of them the major cities are completely safe
I`m from Iran and know that in Iran Turkey is famous for its shore and swiming and also for the cities of Istanbol and Ghonieh, Iran is famous for cities of Isfahan and Shiraz. I have more information for this country, but storngly recommend if you wanna to celebrate Chrismas try Turkey or Christian minority in Tehran, no need to say that in Tehran there is non wine formally and you must find one of christians that illigally provide wine some where (this is why I recommend a Christmas with Christian minority)
if you need more information ask me, I try to answer

Thanks alot, ya, it will be great getting information from a local.

Im planning to stay about 8-9 days in Iran then. and only 3-4 days in Turkey, istanbul.

In Iran, i hope to at least visit. Tehran, The caspian sea, Isfahan and Shiraz, the fire temple and Persepolis. izzit too much to cover ?? Whats the best form of transportation ? budgetwise also ? Im thinking train, bus for internal travel only...

Also like to ask about camera and photography. i know its good to avoid taking picture of any GOV subject, But what about carrying large professional camera and tripod ?? will that be a problem ?

oh some thing I forgot. those countries are mountationous and winter maybe waste your time in roads so try trains or airplanes

Izzit very bad in winter ?? how cold will that be ??? what are the clothing we need for travel in Iran ??

Edit: also i like to check what kind of currency i should bring to Iran ?? USD ?? or Singapore Dollar ?? or even the Euro ?? which 1 can give me the best exchange rate ?? Whats the market rate for a meal, lodging and transport in Iran also ? will it be expensive ? Thanks in advance.

Thanks alot, i hope to visit this place too, hope i got enough time.

why go to either, go to the seychelles

I suggest a travel from Tehran Capital City (due to his best Musuems) then if you wanna some religious place, travel to Qom Secound Holliest place in Iran (of course this is selective and you can delet this city because this city is also center of Mollas in Iran) then to Kashan a safe place near Tehran with all condition of Desert cities of Iran (this city have very nice, old and beutifull houses), then go to Isfahan ,Capital of Safavid, very beautifull mousques in Imam Square and Vank Church is very nice place, then if you really wanna to see a fire temple must go to Yazd, there is a real fire temple (If I understood you and you wanna to see a real and working fire temple but if you wanna to see ruins of a fire temple delet this city and go from Isfahan to Shiraz), OK now we reached Shiraz. There was inside city only some Iranian Garden that you saw best of them in Kashan (Fin Garden), so go outside of city about 60 kilometers of city Pasargad and about 30 KMs Perspolis ruins, in secound one you can find what do you came Iran for, one of Achemidians Capital city and best of them, also in 80 kMs of Shiraz Sasanid city of Kazeron.
so this is my suggeting rout. came from Tehran to southern part and there was an Airline to Doubai from Shiraz and then where ever you wanna to go

Top Bottom