Syria or Iran ??? (travelling suggestion)

Euro is best and then USD. But I think Singapourian Dollar is not known in Iran.
from Turkey to Iran Train or Airline but inside of Iran Bus is better. from 7 to 22 every hour with price 80000 Rial (every 9140 Rial equal to one doller) for a teravel from Tehran to Shiraz with first class Bus also for less than this route (a buss from Tehran to Shiraz pass Kashan and Isfahan in his way but no stop) has less pay

I suggest a travel from Tehran Capital City (due to his best Musuems) then if you wanna some religious place, travel to Qom Secound Holliest place in Iran (of course this is selective and you can delet this city because this city is also center of Mollas in Iran) then to Kashan a safe place near Tehran with all condition of Desert cities of Iran (this city have very nice, old and beutifull houses), then go to Isfahan ,Capital of Safavid, very beautifull mousques in Imam Square and Vank Church is very nice place, then if you really wanna to see a fire temple must go to Yazd, there is a real fire temple (If I understood you and you wanna to see a real and working fire temple but if you wanna to see ruins of a fire temple delet this city and go from Isfahan to Shiraz), OK now we reached Shiraz. There was inside city only some Iranian Garden that you saw best of them in Kashan (Fin Garden), so go outside of city about 60 kilometers of city Pasargad and about 30 KMs Perspolis ruins, in secound one you can find what do you came Iran for, one of Achemidians Capital city and best of them, also in 80 kMs of Shiraz Sasanid city of Kazeron.
so this is my suggeting rout. came from Tehran to southern part and there was an Airline to Doubai from Shiraz and then where ever you wanna to go

Thanks very much, this is very inforamtinve indeed. My flights are confirmed and we will be coming to Iran on the 24 DEC and leaving on the 31 Jan. I also like very much to go to the Caspian sea so is there any town that i can drop by ??? preferably 1 that i can see how Cavaier is produced and maybe we will buy some also :D

Ya,i think we will change some Euros then. probably about 800 Euros should be enough dont u think so ?? :)

Anything that i should take note of while in Iran? I got a DSLR camera and usually i like to swing it around my shoulder. is this permitted ?? will the ppl here view a camera with suspicion ? How to politely ask someone in Iran that i wanted to take his photos. Will Iranian mind too much ? Thanks :)

You have been very helpful here.

So if this is my travel my plan would be an Airline to Istanboul, 2 or 3 days there, then go to Ezmir and Ankara (if summer's day, turkey's beach is a fine place) then with train to Tehran (I hear that some years before this route existed) if train is not possible Air is better if I have enough money and less time when arriving Iran, if not try a bus (the weather is not so cold in worse condition reached about 10 to 20 under zyro, but some times snow covered the road and opening road take time for example a 2 hours way pass by 4 hours), then one day in Tehran for National meusum of Iran (one day is enough for this crowded city unless you like trafic and passing some hours in a car in a street full of cars), so skip ang go to nice city of Kashan, spend 1 or 2 days there and enjoy beauties of Fin Garden and other old Houses os Kashan, having a day in this little and fine city after the crowded city of Tehran seems this city like heaven. OK heaven is enough way to Isfahan secound large city of Iran, don't emember to visit Imam Square (one day to this place) and one day to another places like Catheral and Vank Church and historical Bridges and another bus to Shiraz. this city have most anceint places of Iran (except my City Hamadan Capital of Medes) but not inside of city but az mention above, in little cities around. saty here for 2 or 3 days and with a Airline bay bay to Iran and welcome to Doubai.

the nearest city to Tehran is Chalos and there some places to see how Caviar produced and maybe some buying, but I don't know much about it because i don't like it and also can not buy it. in this session caspian sea is stormy and you probebly you don't like it. you can buy Caviar in Tehran without deiffernce in price but watching how it produced is a differnt matter. (I guess you have little chance to see it, but you can try).

the nearest city to Tehran is Chalos and there some places to see how Caviar produced and maybe some buying, but I don't know much about it because i don't like it and also can not buy it. in this session caspian sea is stormy and you probebly you don't like it. you can buy Caviar in Tehran without deiffernce in price but watching how it produced is a differnt matter. (I guess you have little chance to see it, but you can try).

i want to dip my feet in the caspian sea. its a milestone in travel, haha :D

Thanks very much for all the advices,. ya , i think its enough for 7 days travel. Too bad we cant spend much more time here. but we may return :D

I wish a good time for you in Iran and from myself welcome you to Iran
something about Camera. if your camera seems more expansive more thiefs and robbers attract you and maybe you lose it, so better to try a usuall one

I wish a good time for you in Iran and from myself welcome you to Iran
something about Camera. if your camera seems more expansive more thiefs and robbers attract you and maybe you lose it, so better to try a usuall one

Thank you very much. Im doing more research. So ur living in Iran right now ? Or else we could arrange a meeting also.

Are there many thiefs and robbers in Iran ?? Then i will try to conceal the camera most of the time then, only bringing them out when i need them :)

Hi all,

Im thinking of taking a trip to either Iran or Syria. So what do u guys think about these 2 places ? Im bias against Syria, but my companion wanted to go Iran instead.

Any experienced traveller or anyone been to these places before ?? any forumer living there?

Is this for training camp purposes (business) or just sight-seeing (pleasure)?

Personally, I dont think I would recommend either considering the world today.

But your milage may vary.

That's because you know little of real travel.

hi, thanks for the advice. But i think the trip should be interesting. Since we all heard so much of Iran but never really see it. I will try to have a first hand feel of it. :D

It sounds like I'm not alone in being rather suspicious of this trip, if it is partially motivated by someone's desire to "stick it" to the U.S. as part of the experience.

no no, If visiting Iran means sticking it to the USA, then probably alot of ppl should visit them :D

Yeah, I have only been to Europe and Japan more than a few times...woe is me.

Well you obviously watch TV and when someone speaks of Iran or Syria you immediately think "OMG EVIL ISLAMIC DICTATORSHIP FULL OF TERRISTS!!!" when, if you bothered to read actual travelogs of people who visit those countries or read literature on the topic from non-governmental organizations, you'd know they're perfectly safe places to travel, except for certain border areas.

But by all means, continue to watch Fox News and be led to believe they're bad news.

Well you obviously watch TV and when someone speaks of Iran or Syria you immediately think "OMG EVIL ISLAMIC DICTATORSHIP FULL OF TERRISTS!!!" when, if you bothered to read actual travelogs of people who visit those countries or read literature on the topic from non-governmental organizations, you'd know they're perfectly safe places to travel, except for certain border areas.

But by all means, continue to watch Fox News and be led to believe they're bad news.

Actually, bub, I watch very little tv. In fact, the last thing I saw about travel in Iran was watching part of Senn Penns little politico doc about traveling there. Little tidbits like:

I noticed that many Iranians were freely smoking cigarettes in line, certainly no signs prohibiting it, and immediately joined them. I was quickly singled out by a uniformed customs agent who instructed me to put out my cigarette. Only me. Not the Iranian passengers.

Eventually, Norman, Reese and I went forward to the customs booth and presented our three American passports. We were told to "wait," rather abruptly. With that, the young Iranian customs official left his booth with our passports, taking them to another office, out of our line of sight.

The official returned, but without our passports or any explanation. We stood dumbly by, as the remaining Iranian passengers were stamped and passed us.

Over an hour later, we were still waiting in a now-empty customs hall. I sat on the floor. Reese paced. And Norman, Zen as always, stood in place. Suddenly, four uniformed customs officials appeared and hurried us into a small office, where one by one, we were fingerprinted and directed in Farsi. It wasn't clear whether the fingerprinting was leading to our being permitted into the country, or if our passports alone were the reason we were being detained.

And him eventually going to a rally where a lot of anti-american crap was being chanted.

So....your wrong on several counts. I dont get all my news from foxnews kthxbye, and even based upon Senn Penns trip there, I wouldnt want to go, because I dont like going to countrys where I would be singled out and treated like I was some second class nobody because I am not muslim.

Again you obviously know nothing about travel. Anyone with a brain steam can easily explain what he went through.Firstly, Iran isn't as wealthy as America. Therefore, Westerners that travel there are generally wealthier than locals, certainly poorly paid customs officials, especially if the westerner in question is a rich movie star. See the connection? Poor customs official must approve entry for rich westerner, there is small problem, no worry $20 fee to cover it should be okay.

You're especially blind and ignorant if you think Westerners (and Americans in specific) are "singled out and treated like I was some second class nobody because I am not muslim." First of all, let's deal with the anti-American position first. As I'm sure you're aware, the actions of the American government are not too popular right now around the world (or in America itself), and when people get angry about something like that, especially right in their backyard, well goshdarnit they just tend to collect and yell about it for a while. But these Iranians, unlike people from certain other countries, it seems, have the ability to distinguish the actions of a government from the views of its people, and tourists, even American tourists, in Iran face no problems.

Secondly, the muslim position. As long as you conduct yourself respectfully, no one will care that you're not muslim. Obviously you should make yourself aware of a few key rules about social conduct before you go (you should do this before going anywhere), but any minor gaffes will just be written off as you not knowing much about Iranian culture, and no one will really care.

I apologize for the long winded post, but I felt the need to spoon feed a few things to you.

Again you obviously know nothing about travel. Anyone with a brain steam can easily explain what he went through.Firstly, Iran isn't as wealthy as America. Therefore, Westerners that travel there are generally wealthier than locals, certainly poorly paid customs officials, especially if the westerner in question is a rich movie star. See the connection? Poor customs official must approve entry for rich westerner, there is small problem, no worry $20 fee to cover it should be okay.

So....wealthy westerners are not allowed to smoke I guess?

Dude...please.....I can tell you have a brain steam since you use it so well.:lol:

You're especially blind and ignorant if you think Westerners (and Americans in specific) are "singled out and treated like I was some second class nobody because I am not muslim." First of all, let's deal with the anti-American position first. As I'm sure you're aware, the actions of the American government are not too popular right now around the world (or in America itself),

Really? Hmmm. I guess all that Sarkosy talk is just a front? I think that crap is rather over-blown. We have seen more pro-american folks being elected in quite a few governments around the world. If the people of those countries hate america so much...then why elect someone who is pro-american?

and when people get angry about something like that, especially right in their backyard, well goshdarnit they just tend to collect and yell about it for a while. But these Iranians, unlike people from certain other countries, it seems, have the ability to distinguish the actions of a government from the views of its people, and tourists, even American tourists, in Iran face no problems.

Really. So thats why they drug him off to fingerprint him....just fans of his I suppose?

I apologize for the long winded post, but I felt the need to spoon feed a few things to you.

Yeah, I can see you have been exercising your brain steam. Good going!

But your reply does prove one thing. Your not bright enough to realize when your wrong in your allegation that all I watch is foxnews.

I will try one more time...

So....wealthy westerners are not allowed to smoke I guess?

Dude...please.....I can tell you have a brain steam since you use it so well.:lol:

Yes, some customs agents can be bureaucratic pricks. This is news to you?

Really? Hmmm. I guess all that Sarkosy talk is just a front? I think that crap is rather over-blown. We have seen more pro-american folks being elected in quite a few governments around the world. If the people of those countries hate america so much...then why elect someone who is pro-american?

A single leader being elected does not mean that the world is pro-American. Plus, it's rather insulting of you to suggest that a candidate was elected solely on the basis of being "pro-American" rather than his position on a wide range of other issues, the issue of being "pro-American" being itself largely unimportant, especially since I have yet to see France agree to join any American military adventures or anything.

Really. So thats why they drug him off to fingerprint him....just fans of his I suppose?

Actually it's apparent, with five seconds on google, that the fingerprinting of American tourists was nothing more than a gesture in response to American fingerprinting of Iranian tourists (bet you don't object to that). Basically just a diplomatic middle finger, meaningless to tourists on the ground.

"The experience of most visitors is, however, entirely different to the alarmist US government advisory. Says guide Mahmoud Daryaie, who has clocked up many miles with Pasargad, a leading Tehran tour company, “Sometimes, Americans are wary for a few days, but when they realize how welcome they are in Iran, they quickly relax.” The official Iranian position is also somewhat at variance with that of the US: Ahmadinejad himself opposed the decision to fingerprint American visitors on the grounds that Iran’s quarrel was with the Bush administration rather than with the American people. "

http://www.trendsmagazine.net/article_focus.php?cle=1

Yeah, I can see you have been exercising your brain steam. Good going!

But your reply does prove one thing. Your not bright enough to realize when your wrong in your allegation that all I watch is foxnews.

You missed the point. The invoking of the "sitting around all day watching Fox News" was that of a stereotype of the ignorant, uninformed sloth, which has since been confirmed.

BTW, what's a brain steam? I'm studying biology so I'm curious to know, as it may be on my exam next week.

I have been to Iran lots of times and I have never been singled out for special treatment except to get extra courtesy and tolerance from the locals and officials. But then I am not american. Iran is gravely threatened by psychotic american 'foreign policy'. Naturally people going to Iran with US passports are under suspicon of being some kind of spy or saboteur or assassin. What happens when muslims or arabs go to US? Tasered then waterboared.

I have been to Iran lots of times and I have never been singled out for special treatment except to get extra courtesy and tolerance from the locals and officials. But then I am not american. Iran is gravely threatened by psychotic american 'foreign policy'. Naturally people going to Iran with US passports are under suspicon of being some kind of spy or saboteur or assassin. What happens when muslims or arabs go to US? Tasered then waterboared.

Yeah! It happens in Europe too, my family was by going hom from Rome via Bangkok and the custom line was immensely huge because everytime someone with a tan skin or a passport from any of the middle eastern countries show up, they ask a 1000 thousand question before examining their passport for a good 5 mins. But any other nationility was bypassed and stamped on their way in less than 2 mins

Top Bottom