system requirements

Modeltrainman

Warlord
When might we find out the system requirements for Civ4 Colonization?

Can't be too long, now.

I'd expect they would be very much the same as the Civ IV requirements - but perhaps the CPU and memory minimum/recommended might be stepped up a little.

The only major difference to the engine that we know of is the pixel shader version (1.1 instead of 1.0), and yet I don't think we have even seen a video card that actually supports ps 1.0 and not support ps 1.1 at the same time (and if there were the odd card that had this, then they would be pretty old and probably would have been hard up on working with Civ IV for other reasons). So it really comes down to whether the nicer graphics puts a little more strain on the speed and memory of your computer.

From play.com:

Minimum Requirements

Windows 2000 with SP1 / XP with SP1 / Vista
1.2GHz Intel Pentium IV, AMD Athlon or equivalent (1.8GHz recommended)
512MB RAM (Windows 2000) / 512MB RAM (Windows XP / Vista) (1GB recommended)
900MB HDD Space
64MB Graphics Card with Shader 1.1 support (DirectX 9.0c compatible) (128MB with Pixel and Vertex Shaders recommended)
Sound Card (DirectX 9.0c compatible)
DirectX: Sid Meier's Civilization 4: Colonization DirectX version (included)
4x speed CD-ROM Drive
Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher for Windows 2000
This information is based on specifications supplied by manufacturers and should be used for guidance only.

As it says, it should be used as a guidance only. I reckon it may not be spot on on the specifics perhaps, but it will give you a good idea of what kind of a machine you need.

Top Bottom