Sythia is broken - from General Discussion...

Stilgar08

Emperor
Do you want me to DP this here? I'm sure you look into the regular threads anyways, right?

I had this thought watching the streams, but felt confident the devs wouldn't allow it. However, it turns out this is how it works..

Gold purchases cost 4 gold/hammer. When you disband units you get 2 gold/hammer. Scythia builds 2 units for the price of one with 100% production bonus from a military policy. You do the math. If you want you can even add in +25% production boost towards classical units from a pantheon and maybe meet some militaristic city state to get free hammers to even further boost this exploit.

I tried this and my capital making 17 hammers/turn kept building double horsemen in 2 turns. Then I could immediately sell them for 320 gold and purchase 80 hammers worth of production in any city. So basically a empire wide hammer transfer at greater than 2:1 ratio. Not bad! Any civ can use the 100% production towards mounted or naval units to transfer hammers at 1:1 ratio (better if you have additional bonuses to military production or CS boosts). And any civ can exploit Venetian Arsenal to transfer hammers at 2:1 ratio. Or maybe pump out a ton of naval units with Venetian Arsenal to sell before you build Big Ben and transfer the hammers at 4:1 ratio...

Perhaps they should dramatically cut down on the amount of gold you get when disbanding units? Or rather cut it out all together, no reason why you should be able to sell your army.

Thanks. This is more likely to be seen by Firaxis in this forum than buried in the general discussions.

It's not just Scythia. In any game you can turn hammers into ridiculous amounts of gold just by making and disbanding units. Scythia just happens to be the most exploitable.

Top Bottom