T$3- Various Other Things To Trade

Stuck_as_a_Mac

Aptenodytes forsteri
It appears that our neighbors backwardsness can come in handy to us in terms of GPT.
One of the reasons the chat was halted today was due to the fact that we can trade Education to Joan and Shaka.
Do we want to?

Here are the prices:
Joan: Education-> 42gpt, 72g, WM, TM
Shaka: Education->21gpt,42g, WM, TM

This nets us a total of: 63gpt, 114g, WM, TM

There is also a thrid trade of Astronomy, but we currently hold a monopoly on this. Take a look:
Mao: Astro-> 42gpt, WM

What do the people think of these trades? (If we do all 3, its 105gpt)
Discuss!

SaaM
MoT

PS- Poll to follow after discussion using all 3 options. It will be multi choice and public.

I would say yes to the education trades, but no to the Astronomy trade. Do Joan's trade first, then Shaka's (I expect Shaka's to be a bit less gold because after we trade it to France, once more civ knows it, lowering the cost).

In any case I wouldn't trade Astronomy - it allows caravels what means possible AI discovery of other continent and we don't want that.

Education, do we need that gold so much? France is large and commercial civ and will use Universities in full potential. Lets keep them backwarded as long as possible.

I'll say no to astronomy and undecided on education. We have a monopoly on astronomy and our continent thinks we have a monopoly on education. If we decide not to trade, I would watch to see if anybody appears to be researching either.

63gpt, 114g
we will be so rich. yes trade our education and keep our astronomy. Because is our Duty to teach the backward peoples of the world how to Think. and with 63 gpt we can by samuri swords to comit suicide. (from what iv seen on tv samuri are always killing themselves). Why cant we trade this with other nations. if there not ready for it is there earlyer techs :suicide: we can trade them. or are you only showing gpt trades.

Oh no look at all my spelling errors i have dishonored myself *pulls out samuri sword and stabs self in stomac* YAHACHAKAKA!!!!!! (can someone chop my head off):suicide:

I don't know if everyone has spoken. Only 7 people have expressed their opinions.
My count shows:
7/7 don't want to trade Astronomy.
5/7 want to trade Education with 2 undecideds.

A poll should be done on trading education as some people may be against this and don't want to have to deal with the peer pressure of posting an unpopular idea.

MOTH said:
I don't know if everyone has spoken. Only 7 people have expressed their opinions.
My count shows:
7/7 don't want to trade Astronomy.
5/7 want to trade Education with 2 undecideds.

A poll should be done on trading education as some people may be against this and don't want to have to deal with the peer pressure of posting an unpopular idea.
That has never scared me before. Often the things that I believe in (in this game and many other forums,) are not the most popular. I am so far the only one who wanted to attack Babs before Iroq, well that was at the time I voted. It is our right to voice our opinions.

classical_hero said:
That has never scared me before. Often the things that I believe in (in this game and many other forums,) are not the most popular. I am so far the only one who wanted to attack Babs before Iroq, well that was at the time I voted. It is our right to voice our opinions.

I agree that it is right to voice our opinions. I personally don't have one as far as eduction in this discussion goes - I think we could wait a bit until we trade it at home. This would make it 5/8.

My main point here is that the voiced opinion of 5 people does not (necessarily) make this the WOTP. A poll doesn't hurt in this case.

MOTH said:
I agree that it is right to voice our opinions. I personally don't have one as far as eduction in this discussion goes - I think we could wait a bit until we trade it at home. This would make it 5/8.

My main point here is that the voiced opinion of 5 people does not (necessarily) make this the WOTP. A poll doesn't hurt in this case.
Apparently some polls don't find the WOTP either.

Top Bottom