T-84 (Ukrainian)

snafusmith

Unit Maker
This was tank requested by Klyde182. It is fully animated using the standard tank files (please point to tank.kfm in your XML). I worked really hard to keep the polys down on this one, as I felt the 1000+ mark was a little high for land units. It seems to be a theme that I have issues finding textures for my units, so this one I did completely by scratch, which is why it took me a while to finish it.

Poly: ~737
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-84

Enjoy!

-Smitty

Attachments

• T-84.JPG
    T-84.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 2,151
  • T-84.zip
    58.5 KB · Views: 674
Thank You Smitty so so much for this Baby!!!! :eek:
Looks Great!!!!!
Now my Khans' have something Modern to fight with!!!!
i just need a IFV for them...Heh HE hee

Thanks Again Klyde.

Nice Model, but for me, polycount is to low

Looks a little bit washed out. Could you please release a higher poly version like your T-72 for those who have powerful pc hardware :)

baal_isidro said:

Looks a little bit washed out. Could you please release a higher poly version like your T-72 for those who have powerful pc hardware :)

A note on the poly count of the 2 models:

The T-72 has a high poly count only because of it's turret and because I've learned more about 3ds Max since making it. If I redid the T-72 model, it would probably have a poly count not much higher than the T-84 I just finished. The 'washed out' effect is only due to the texture, which admittedly is not one of my best. I felt it was good enough for a release with the hopes someone redoes it eventually. Making a more detailed model does not in this case make the tank look any better.

Oops double take

baal_isidro said:

I agree with snafusmith,
though i'd like to have seen more detail in the Frontal Glacies with Driver's hatch but i figured that snafusmith would have if he could without a major hassell.
maybe adding in the Lighter Creme color along with the Green, Brown & Black would help maybe bring out the more detail.... maybe, i don't know
But still it is very distintive and notaciably differs from other Russian designs & other Tanks,... With is the major point for me personnally.

Klyde182 said:
I agree with snafusmith,
though i'd like to have seen more detail in the Frontal Glacies with Driver's hatch but i figured that snafusmith would have if he could without a major hassell.

You don't know how right you are! I tried, but as I like to say in these situations, 'no dice fish.'

Really cool!!!

Wow, that looks great!!!

This was tank requested by Klyde182. It is fully animated using the standard tank files (please point to tank.kfm in your XML). I worked really hard to keep the polys down on this one, as I felt the 1000+ mark was a little high for land units. It seems to be a theme that I have issues finding textures for my units, so this one I did completely by scratch, which is why it took me a while to finish it.

Poly: ~737
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-84

Enjoy!

-Smitty

Could you make a T-84 model for Civ 5 by any chance?
Thanks,
Dan

Top Bottom