1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

T.r.o.n. Pbem

Discussion in 'Civ2 - PBEM Games' started by kobayashi, Jan 17, 2003.

1. EmuGod

EmuGod Prince

I'll get my turn up soon, so please don't bump me.

2. kobayashi

kobayashi Deity

I thought about that but gold is a very precious resource that runs our very fast, so I'm going to be thrifty until there is some trading.

3. mordhiem

mordhiem Quantum Physicist

I haven't seemed to have too many cash problems in the TRON games I've played so far, but then I guess I am the only one picking up goods...

4. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

Well it will still be a while until you start picking up goods. You still need to research to get the Nau, and then since they are slow AND are triremes you'll be short of cash for a while.

5. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

Serious problem: Spanish merchants appear in Madrid, and French merchants appear in Paris. They cannot get to a boat.

6. mordhiem

Do they? I played SP French and they always appeared in one of the other cities.

7. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

Oh, do they? It just seemed like a possible problem. I only played as England so far.

8. EmuGod

EmuGod Prince

The Protugues have set sail for the new world. Other than that, nothing much has happened.

9. kobayashi

kobayashi Deity

Do you mean this is happening in this game, or your own SP-game? Maybe I #$%^ forgot to amend the 2/3 player and 4/5 player event files. I'm quite sure it works in single player since as france I managed to complete the thing.

Added later

Visual inspection of the events files for 1 player and 4/5 players shows that a merchant in generated in Brest for France and Cartegena for Spain for every box of good collected so I don't think anything is wrong. The new merchants will appear at the 'pricinpal ports' which is not necessarily the capital.

10. kobayashi

kobayashi Deity

Apologies to all but I shall be away for a week over the Chinese New Year Holidays. I have asked ohwell to play in my place - but I don't know if he agrees. In anycase, the game seems to be moving very slowly at this stage (as everyone is getting used to the parameters?)

11. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

Ok, It just seemed like a potential problem. :crazyeye:

Oh and which events file should I use for MP? Haven't figured it out yet.

BTW, if you want me to play, I would like a PM describing your plans, where to send ships etc.

12. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

This month the Ottoman Empire sent out a hostile message, stating that they would rid the world of Europeans, starting with the Catholics. They started their crusade by capturing Moscow. In an action to take matters in their own hands, the mighty Dutch army captured Berlin. Hopefully that will help to stop the ever advancing Ottomans.

13. kobayashi

kobayashi Deity

doesn't matter about the events file, it is already tagged to the save file when the scenario starts.

plans - just keep moving the eleite caravel over to America and start a colony at a nice location along the cost. (Preferably further south)

14. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

French and Spanish turns

15. mordhiem

Ships carrying English conolists have finaly made it out into the Atlantic in search of the great lands found by the great Sir John Calbot.

16. Ohwell

Ohwell Deity

EmuGod

17. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

I will be away until sunday, but I don't think it will affect the game, since they always go slow during weekends :)

18. EmuGod

EmuGod Prince

I know, it's my turn. I'll try to get to it by tomorrow. I'm a little busy right now.

19. EmuGod

EmuGod Prince

Sorry for the delay, I've had a busy week.

Portuguese caravels continue to set sail for the new world.

20. Eivind IV

Eivind IV Emperor

Dutch troops annexed Denmark in order to better organize a defence against the advancing Ottomans.