T3 External Consulate - Gift Over There to India?

Gift Over There to India?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bertie

Prince
Our city of Over There is extremely vulnerable to attack by the Byzantines. We expect to lose it sometime next turnchat. In order to get some value from it, we propose to gift it to India. Why?

We will be going to war with India after our peace treaty expires (another 15 turns). At that time we would like to eliminate India from our home continent. By gifting Over There to the Indians, we can leave them with that one city, and not take the hit to our reputation that we’d suffer if we’d eliminate them entirely. Because they’d be so far away, the chances that any of our former Indian cities would flip would be minimal.

We ask: Should we gift Over There to India?

Discussion on this topic can be found HERE and HERE.

The poll will close three days after the poll was opened.
The poll is public and other users can see how you voted.
Select one option only.

Don't bother. It'll probably flip on its' own to someone else...

The Byzantines will capture it in 3-5 turns CT. That would be bad, and we would have to pay them for peace. Giving it to India means we can take all of their Western cities without removing them from the game and preserves AI attitude towards us. A minor consideration I know. It also compacts more AI into a small area and that is fun to watch.

The AI will often sign a peace treaty by the time it touches your border, too.

True. But we look as if we will enter into 4 or 5 MA's vs the Byzantines, so we will not be able to accept peace.

i originally posted in another thread that i prefer keeping Over There. However, after reading this thread I'm changing my mind. In light of that, I would like it if a mod changed my vote from no to yes.

If we give Over There to the Indians and they lose the city via culture flip, we don't take a rep hit for eliminating them. Of course, we have to take over all their other cities before the flip.

But then it would be their capital and immune from flips :hmm:
Flippin' 'eck.

Nobody said:
I voted no, india is our enemy. We don't give gifts to enemys.

Quite right, it's not right to give pressies to our enemies.

Top Bottom