1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(T78) What Shall We Tech Next? (T79)

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Sommerswerd, Mar 25, 2009.

?

What Shall We Tech Next?

Poll closed Mar 27, 2009.
  1. Aesthetics

55.6%
  2. Metal Casting

44.4%
  1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

ONCE YOU HAVE CAST YOUR VOTE, DO NOT POST ON THE POLL THREAD TO SAY YOU ARE CHANGING VOTES. VOTE CHANGING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. ALL VOTES ARE FINAL.

Also, please try to limit your posts on this poll to ONE POST. Additional comments arguments, etc., should go in: Leonardo's Workshop (The Tech Thread) :goodjob:

Explanation of why we want each Tech

Aesthetics - To get us closer to Literature so that we can build Great Library.

Metal Casting - For forges to build wonders, buildings and units faster.

2. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

I voted Aesthetics but this poll is exactly what I am afraid of.

People voting metal casting vote on general principle without realizing the specifics.

Where are we going to build forges? Which city and when? Forge is 120 hammers...none of our cities is developed enough to build a 120 hammer building atm. The capital only, but that will delay great library big time...the benefit of earlier great library (not to mention the risk of losing it) outweights forge in capital by far.

By going aesthetics first we give our cities enough time to develope and be ready for forges later.

3. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Argh this majorly sucks eggs. Smokey is exactly right.

Where are supposed to be building a forge exactly?

We're going to be left feeling very stupid if lose out on GL because of this, especially if we haven't built a forge anywhere.

And why do we even need this poll? We've already done a vote in thread?

4. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

sorry for not being in the inner circle, but this is all we can do. Polling is the legitimate and just way to go, and there is still time for people to vote.

5. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

enough of this inner circle stuff already! I just hope there is no silly boycott of this poll

6. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Well we are tired with one boycotter who supports Aesthetics. Ridiculous.

7. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Make that two boycotters supporting Aesthetics. If we include them we are 6:4 in favour of Aesthetics.

8. Sommerswerd

But we DON'T include them... That is the WHOLE POINT of a boycott:( The boycotters are refusing to vote and accepting the risk of their vote not being counted... PRECISELY BECAUSE they are trying to make a point.

The boycotters are standing on their principles and I admire them for that... despite the fact that I disagree with them. However, I reject the notion that you can simultaneously boycott AND have your vote counted in the poll.

Also, if we are including votes in the poll that have not been cast, then I say that Classy, WilliamofOrange, Jimmy369, Bolkonski, Shogu, MatthewtheGreat and everyone else on the team that has not voted yet count as votes for Metal Casting... so that's at least 10:6 in favor of Metal casting.

If we are only counting ACTUAL votes in the poll... Then I say that :king: (or some other designated person we generally agree upon) should always have the tiebreaker vote whenever there is a tie on a CLOSED poll. I think that is the most reasonable approach.:)

9. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

So i'm guessing this poll will close and the issue will be decided as soon as one more person votes Metal Casting right? ;)

Oh and Classy, WilliamofOrange, Jimmy369, Bolkonski, Shogu, and MatthewtheGreat haven't clearly expressed their votes like Donsig and I so that's kind of a false comparison isn't it?

10. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

This vote will timeout automatically on the 28th, that's enough time as we won't be choosing out tech on the coming turn.

@Sommers: cav and donsig have already "voted" they are just boycotting this poll.
    @cav scout & donsig: can you guys please just vote in this poll too, I think it's more important that we pick the right tech than we make a point about polls :sad:

And for those that have voted MC, doesn't the fact SANCTA look like they are willing to trade it away at a discount mean it's pretty pointless us having to tech it ourselves?

11. Sommerswerd

What it looks like SANCTA might do may be very different from what SANCTA ends up doing. Until SANCTA has ACTUALLY given us the tech, we have no way of knowing their true intentions... We are not the only ones who can "string someone along" after all... are we?

Also, there was no progress being made towards getting Metal Casting from SANCTA until AFTER there was a poll showing a majority in favor of teching Metal Casting.

Anyone who can read a date/time stamp on a post can clearly see that IT WAS THE POLL that caused us to get our diplo going,because of the pressure the poll created. That fact alone means this poll was time well spent:goodjob:

Lastly, the 2 boycotters from the previous poll are the same two boycotters on this poll. Yet both polls still have 8 votes cast each... To me, this means that no one else is joining the boycott... still, it was a valiant and admirable effort.:) Polls should still continue, as there are a majority of folks who are willing to participate in them.